Sync desktop email with G2 email

Pgreenlie

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I would like to sync my email - using Mozilla Thunderbird on a Win7 laptop. I have Verizon email. Is there an email app that will allow this? Seems ridiculous that I have a Verizon phone and Verizon email and I cannot sync my email with the phone.

Thanks

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
1- why do you have Verizon email? do you have Verizon internet? what's your email domain?

2- have u looked up pop 3 settings?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Pgreenlie

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I have verizon for my "home" email and home internet provider and have had that for many years. Only just switched from BB to smartphone for work. Now the smartphone is for work/home. New to androids so not clear what the options are.

I added my home account to the default email client on the phone (no great investment of time/money) and did set it up with POP3.

There is setting to "sync" when i delete messages on the handheld and there is a manual "sync" function but that doesnt seem to do much.

Is there some setting on Thunderbird on the laptop that Im missing?

If i read an email or delete it in the phone or in Thunderbird on the laptop I would the same to occur in the corresponding device.

Nyvideo

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Your Thunderbird is probably setup for POP3 and it's pulling the mail off the server. If that's the case there is nothing on the server to sync.
You should run everything as IMAP, and then all your mail resides on the server and can be accessed from any device. Deleting on one device
removes from the server and all other devices. I have my G2, a tablet, and my MAC mail client all running IMAP to the same account and they are always
in perfect sync.

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
this isn't really a phone issue at all, but I'll be happy to help. you don't need to use imap to do as you desire, tho it may be the best solution. Verizon may not even support imap. most likely thunderbird is set to delete mail from the server after it's downloaded. I haven't used tb in many years so I'm very rusty. there should be a setting called 'leave mail on server' or something like that under your account's settings in thunderbird. I know the comparable setting in Outlook makes it delete and mark as read all email that's downloaded by default. if my hunch is correct, thunderbird is downloading your inbox, making all emails as read, and since phone email apps normally only display unread mail in your inbox, these read mails won't be present.

ideally imap is what you want to use as it will update your tb in real time and ensure tb and your phone have exactly the same emails. pop3 syncs with the server every x minutes (phone apps will use push to get emails right away) and stores copies of your mailbox on your computer, so it's possible tb and your phone may have different contents depending on how your various email programs and apps are configured.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance