Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tethering

Does anyone know of a tethering app that will work on the Verizon LG G2?

Default Re: Tethering

Thought tethering was included in all the new Verizon plans. So stock tethering should be enabled under setting/wifi

if you are on an older unlimited 4G plan, you can use PDANet. it will let you tether via bluetooth (pretty slow, capped out at ~3G speeds) or via a USB Cable (Fast, but annoying because you have to keep the phone plugged in to your laptop). The Wifi tethering for the app "Foxfi" still doesn't work with the G2 as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by zedorda View Post
    Thought tethering was included in all the new Verizon plans. So stock tethering should be enabled under setting/wifi
    It is. I am assuming that the op is on a legacy plan

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

I honestly forget how I enabled it. I think I installed an apk that fakes the provisioning in Verizon's tethering app. enabling tethering launches a blank "provisioning" app before loading the Verizon tether app, or whatever looks like a Verizon app, and then it works as expected. the only downside is I haven't been able to get any shortcuts or widgets to work, which is annoying. I have to enable it in settings every time.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

are you rooted? i thought I read it another thread that this was doable only with root, but i don't recall now

Quote Originally Posted by somnambulator View Post
    I honestly forget how I enabled it. I think I installed an apk that fakes the provisioning in Verizon's tethering app. enabling tethering launches a blank "provisioning" app before loading the Verizon tether app, or whatever looks like a Verizon app, and then it works as expected. the only downside is I haven't been able to get any shortcuts or widgets to work, which is annoying. I have to enable it in settings every time.

yes I rooted the phone before I even logged into my Google account. I wish I could remember how I did it, but I know I got the solution on these forums or on xda.

Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ng check (VZW)
    Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...