- 02-23-2014, 09:39 PM #2
- 02-24-2014, 08:41 AM #3
- 307 Posts
if you are on an older unlimited 4G plan, you can use PDANet. it will let you tether via bluetooth (pretty slow, capped out at ~3G speeds) or via a USB Cable (Fast, but annoying because you have to keep the phone plugged in to your laptop). The Wifi tethering for the app "Foxfi" still doesn't work with the G2 as far as I know.
- 02-24-2014, 08:49 AM #4
- 02-25-2014, 06:17 AM #5
- 186 Posts
I honestly forget how I enabled it. I think I installed an apk that fakes the provisioning in Verizon's tethering app. enabling tethering launches a blank "provisioning" app before loading the Verizon tether app, or whatever looks like a Verizon app, and then it works as expected. the only downside is I haven't been able to get any shortcuts or widgets to work, which is annoying. I have to enable it in settings every time.
Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
- 02-25-2014, 02:31 PM #6
- 02-25-2014, 05:57 PM #7
- 02-25-2014, 06:23 PM #8
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ng check (VZW)
Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan TapatalkGoogle Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
- By Joshua Ford 74 in forum Sprint Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 6Last Post: 02-23-2014, 07:22 PM
- By ebeighe in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 2Last Post: 02-23-2014, 05:36 PM
- By ebeighe in forum Moto GReplies: 2Last Post: 02-21-2014, 02:59 PM
- By James Changstein in forum Moto XReplies: 18Last Post: 02-18-2014, 01:59 PM
- By lichborn in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream SandwichReplies: 0Last Post: 02-17-2014, 03:46 PM