I'm having issues with screen turning off and not coming back on...

dubstheword

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
So i've had my LG G2 for less than 6 months and within the last few weeks ive been having issues with it.

When I place an outgoing call, the screen immediately turns black and then it wont come back on. It wont allow me to hang up or use the dialpad when it does this. I try tapping the screen or pressing the power button but it doesn't do anything. The only way so far i've found is to hold the power button and restart the phone.

Also, when I am looking at it or texting, the screen will sometimes turn off and then i'll turn it back on and it will turn off again. Sometimes this happens multiple times. It doesn't happen all the time though, the other day I used it like normal and it didnt happen once. Other times, it does it constantly.

I've tried researching and troubleshooting but I haven't found anything that works. Could it be the proximity sensor? or even like dust under the screen? or is it something internal and I'd have to get it fixed or even sent back to verizon?
Are there any apps that would help?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It does sound like the proximity sensor. What you also could try is setting the screen time out to a longer interval. And try cleaning out any dust with a can of compressed air. Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance