Decisions decisions...HTC One or LG G2

leozdad

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I am pondering a new phone and am down to the HTC one or the LG g2. I just use my phone for calls, texts email, Web surfing, Facebook. I watch the occasional video. So far battery life seems better on the g2 according to reviews. I'm leaning towards the g2 for that reason. I don't really need all the screen real estate cause I use my tablet for videos Opinions? Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I am pondering a new phone and am down to the HTC one or the LG g2. I just use my phone for calls, texts email, Web surfing, Facebook. I watch the occasional video. So far battery life seems better on the g2 according to reviews. I'm leaning towards the g2 for that reason. I don't really need all the screen real estate cause I use my tablet for videos Opinions? Thanks

Posted via Android Central App
If those are your choices? I would pick the G2, but I'm partial to the Nexus 5 and its based off the G2. The "Sense" skin on the HTC may offend less than the skin that the G2 offers. Yet the G2 at this point has better specs.

You'll be happy with either, and yet the new HTC One is due out next month. So maybe a waiting game?...

Best wishes on your new phone!!:cool:

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
the one is old. officially it was released Feb of last year, and I believe the replacement model was announced this week (maybe it was just rumors). the g2 has a much faster quad core cpu, significantly larger screen, and considerably better battery life. it's not even close imo. go pick up a g2 at the store after holding anything else. it'll be a easy decision

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
If you want a phone today, get the G2. If you can wait a few months, the HTC One2 (or whatever they're going to call it) and the G3 will be out. If you wait, I'd go try both out in the store and see which one you like better. Above all else, stay away from Samsung.

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
The HTC One is a great phone, but I picked the G2 because the camera is better, battery is bigger and the One doesn't have fast charging like the G2. I've had this phone since December and I have been very happy with it.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I have both and would be hard pressed to choose between the two of them. Good luck with your decision

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Ronnie2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I had an HTC One but I returned it and got the G2. I loved my One but the battery life is abysmal compared to the G2, my G2 lasts easily twice as long on a charge. Plus the camera and cpu are much better on the G2. Both phones are great but I'm much happier with the G2 overall.

Sent from my beastly LG G2 using Tapatalk

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Now = G2

Considering the description of your usage, a G2 could last you up to three days on a charge. So far, my best has been 50 hours with 4.5 hours of screen time.

One thing I figured out to help increase battery life is using a browser for Facebook instead of the app. I use NB Pro, which is a very lightweight browser that gives you more control over location access and other tracking information. Tinfoil for Facebook (available through F-Droid) is another option.

If you're not averse to rooting, Greenify is an awesome Xposed module.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz