Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New LG G2 died in electronic spiral

I bought my Lg G2 on Dec 31. I have LOVED it. I use it for weather, alarm, email, texting, never do Facebook with it and limited internet with it..........Then over the last week it went haywire. First I lost the ability to do anything by voice. Then I lost the icon for DIALING on the phone. I took it to Verizon yesterday and they tried to reset it and the whole touch screen stopped working unless you used a stylus and tapped every motion at least 4 or 5 times..............I paid $12 for them to ship me a new phone overnight, but I'm worried now that this could happen to me again in a few months...........Has anyone had problems with the G2 doing a total failure like this?

Global Posts
    24,295 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: New LG G2 died in electronic spiral

Welcome to the forums.
    This is the first I have heard of this. I can ask around to some of the other site leaders if they have come across anything like this.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

my hotspot stopped working. Sent it back to LG. They refurbished it for free and returned it to me. They even replaced the screen. That's been my only problem.
    Proud owner of: Rooted Black LG G3 & Rooted White LG G2
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, and Droid Turbo (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)

Global Posts
    9,454 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimLP 5.0.2 Weekly

Quote Originally Posted by Keenergap View Post
    I bought my Lg G2 on Dec 31. I have LOVED it. I use it for weather, alarm, email, texting, never do Facebook with it and limited internet with it..........Then over the last week it went haywire. First I lost the ability to do anything by voice. Then I lost the icon for DIALING on the phone. I took it to Verizon yesterday and they tried to reset it and the whole touch screen stopped working unless you used a stylus and tapped every motion at least 4 or 5 times..............I paid $12 for them to ship me a new phone overnight, but I'm worried now that this could happen to me again in a few months...........Has anyone had problems with the G2 doing a total failure like this?
    Welcome to Android Central
    This sounds like an isolated issue on a defective unit. Haven't seen anyone else have issues like this.
    I think your replacement G2 should be fine

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan