Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2: notification not illuminating screen

I have only had this phone 2 days but i cant seem to find a setting to make my screen light up when a text message comes in.
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-27-2014 at 10:56 PM.

Default Re: notification not illuminating screen

I don't see a setting for it.

Have you tried Dynamic Notification? Not an exact answer but it's worth a look

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default Re: notification not illuminating screen

I use an alternate SMS app called Textra that can be set to turn on the screen when a text comes in. Can also set the LED to light different colors depending on who the text is from. No way to light up screen on stock SMS app that I could find. Didn't like LG's stock SMS client anyway

Default Re: LG G2: notification not illuminating screen

To the OP I've only ever seen that feature on my Note 2 before the most recent update. They took it away with 4.3 and I've never seen it as a stock option on anything else.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the input! I'm hoping 4.4 will fix this issue. I came from a note 3 and I enjoyed seeing the text message before unlocking the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

That's one of the things about the Android platform that can be frustrating is the way that manufacturers and carriers all add and take away various features. But the great thing about the Android platform is that there's almost always an app developed that will give you those missing features you crave.

I wouldn't wait for 4.4 to "fix" it, it's not broken. LG just didn't add that option. So give Textra, Dynamic Notifications or another similar a try. Maybe LG will surprise you and add that with 4.4 or maybe they'll remove something else we like. We just never know 😃

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by: