Will it come back? (Water damage)

rvgraham

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So my wife asked me to look at the dishwasher that was misbehaving. I open it and see an inch + of soapy water that failed to drain. I lean over to look inside and my G2 slips out of my jacket pocket right into the water :'(

After doing all the wrong things (trying to power it back up, stick it in a bag of rice overnight) I wake up the next morning and my brain is working normal again. Go to iFixit and find out how to dismantle it.

I dried off all the parts after dismantling it down to removing the circuit boards, everything except the battery. Left everything to dry until I come home from work ten hours later. I re-assemble the phone and power it back up.

Seems to work OK, except:
  • The notification led is on continuously, red
  • The drop down notification panel only works in landscape
  • The keyboard (Swype or stock LG) loses my trace partway through words

So, opinions, history??? I've had phones slowly come back to normal after a few days or weeks of regular use. Just not sure if that is likely with this phone and these kinds of symptoms.

Thanks, and may this not happen to you!

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
That's why I pay for the insurance. I know it sucks to pay each month, but I get my phone replaced for $50 as long as I can turn in the parts. I hate to say it, but it sounds toast to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech