Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

Default Will it come back? (Water damage)

So my wife asked me to look at the dishwasher that was misbehaving. I open it and see an inch + of soapy water that failed to drain. I lean over to look inside and my G2 slips out of my jacket pocket right into the water

After doing all the wrong things (trying to power it back up, stick it in a bag of rice overnight) I wake up the next morning and my brain is working normal again. Go to iFixit and find out how to dismantle it.

I dried off all the parts after dismantling it down to removing the circuit boards, everything except the battery. Left everything to dry until I come home from work ten hours later. I re-assemble the phone and power it back up.

Seems to work OK, except:
    • The notification led is on continuously, red
    • The drop down notification panel only works in landscape
    • The keyboard (Swype or stock LG) loses my trace partway through words

So, opinions, history??? I've had phones slowly come back to normal after a few days or weeks of regular use. Just not sure if that is likely with this phone and these kinds of symptoms.

Thanks, and may this not happen to you!

Default Re: Will it come back? (Water damage)

That's why I pay for the insurance. I know it sucks to pay each month, but I get my phone replaced for $50 as long as I can turn in the parts. I hate to say it, but it sounds toast to me.
    Proud owner of: Black LG G3 & White LG G2
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, and Droid Turbo (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)

Default Re: Will it come back? (Water damage)

Honestly try a Factory reset to see if it straightens out any issues. Otherwise use insurance if you have it.