Will it come back? (Water damage)
So my wife asked me to look at the dishwasher that was misbehaving. I open it and see an inch + of soapy water that failed to drain. I lean over to look inside and my G2 slips out of my jacket pocket right into the water
After doing all the wrong things (trying to power it back up, stick it in a bag of rice overnight) I wake up the next morning and my brain is working normal again. Go to iFixit and find out how to dismantle it.
I dried off all the parts after dismantling it down to removing the circuit boards, everything except the battery. Left everything to dry until I come home from work ten hours later. I re-assemble the phone and power it back up.
Seems to work OK, except:
- The notification led is on continuously, red
- The drop down notification panel only works in landscape
- The keyboard (Swype or stock LG) loses my trace partway through words
So, opinions, history??? I've had phones slowly come back to normal after a few days or weeks of regular use. Just not sure if that is likely with this phone and these kinds of symptoms.
Thanks, and may this not happen to you!
- 02-28-2014, 12:47 PM #2
- 535 Posts
Re: Will it come back? (Water damage)
That's why I pay for the insurance. I know it sucks to pay each month, but I get my phone replaced for $50 as long as I can turn in the parts. I hate to say it, but it sounds toast to me.Proud owner of: Rooted Black LG G3 & Rooted White LG G2
Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, and Droid Turbo (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)
- 03-03-2014, 12:58 PM #3
- By calvindm3 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 5Last Post: 03-02-2014, 04:42 PM
- By aweber1nj in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 7Last Post: 02-28-2014, 12:21 PM
- By ShawnMeds23 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 02-28-2014, 11:10 AM
- By nickyjoe99 in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 2Last Post: 02-28-2014, 08:30 AM
- By Droidboner in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream SandwichReplies: 0Last Post: 02-28-2014, 07:48 AM