Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Default Blurry photos

I just recently got my LG g2 and I havent really played with the camera much until last night. I went to a charity event that had bands performing and while trying to get pics during the show I noticed that every shot looks blurry. I was only a few feet away from the stage and the lighting was directly on the performers. It wasn't a dark room with lots of strobe lights or anything. So the pics should have turned out great! But the lighting was over exposed and no matter how steady I was none of it was clear. I was very disappointed. I hoped it was just the situation so when I came home I tried again just sitting around the house and got the same results. A pic of my dog sleeping in my lap showed up with very little detail and slightly blurred. Is this a regular issue with the lgg2 or is it just my phone??

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Default Re: Blurry photos

Did you have HDR on?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

I went through and tried each mode and it was the same result

This might be an obvious point, but I know sometimes I don't think about it until after the fact....

Make sure the lens isn't smudged. I've had photos and videos end up blurry because of this. Due to the placement of the power and volume buttons on the G2 it can be especially prone to being smudged. Just a thought.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Yeah I considered that too. I wiped it several times and still no help.

Did you try going into the app and clearing the cache and/or data? It has to be something within the app or your phone. My daughters LG G2 takes great photo's
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

I've taken some photos with my G2, and I've never had an issue like your describing. I've always been able to get a clear picture once the camera focuses.

If the issue can be easily reproduced, maybe it's worth taking it to Verizon and asking for a replacement. It could be something physically wrong with the camera, maybe an impurity in the lens or something.

Just a side thought...Are you waiting for the focus window to turn green before snapping the picture?

I had this same issue for a week with my new one and then it started to get better. Originally I thought it was just a shaky hand and I'm still convinced that I just have an unsteady hand and a super sensitive camera

I just figured out that I have a bad camera in my phone. I thought for the longest it was me. Sister is in town, and she has the same phone. We compared different scenes in our screens. Mine is way off, way too much white and much blurrier. I am going to see if they will warranty it. Look at the difference, mine is on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicohlay View Post
    I just recently got my LG g2 and I havent really played with the camera much until last night. I went to a charity event that had bands performing and while trying to get pics during the show I noticed that every shot looks blurry. I was only a few feet away from the stage and the lighting was directly on the performers. It wasn't a dark room with lots of strobe lights or anything. So the pics should have turned out great! But the lighting was over exposed and no matter how steady I was none of it was clear. I was very disappointed. I hoped it was just the situation so when I came home I tried again just sitting around the house and got the same results. A pic of my dog sleeping in my lap showed up with very little detail and slightly blurred. Is this a regular issue with the lgg2 or is it just my phone??

Is your phone up to date? Make sure its running the latest software.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Varnell View Post
    I just figured out that I have a bad camera in my phone. I thought for the longest it was me. Sister is in town, and she has the same phone. We compared different scenes in our screens. Mine is way off, way too much white and much blurrier. I am going to see if they will warranty it. Look at the difference, mine is on the right.
    http://i62.tinypic.com/28lqro7.jpg
    Yes this is exactly what I'm talking about!! Glad I'm not the only one lol I've contacted LG and I'm going to send it to them to get it fixed or replaced as soon as I can find a temporary phone to tide me over until mine comes back.

I hope they take care of it for you. The camera on the LG G2 is one of the standout features and you're entitled to a working unit.
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Varnell View Post
    http://i62.tinypic.com/28lqro7.jpg
    Quite noticeable.
    On Order: 128GB Gold iPhone 6 Plus
    Proud owner of: White LG G2, + Nexus 7 & 10
    Soon to be gone: White LG G3
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, SG3, M8