Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Replacing stock dialer issue

Hey y'all. I just bought an LG G2 with Verizon a weeks ago. I've been slowly learning the whole customizing thing because I came from an iPhone 4S.

Anyway, I wanted to replaced the stock dialer on my phone. So I've downloaded a couple applications and some look awesome. The problem is that every app still uses the stock dialer (or Skype) to make phone calls! I can search contacts, dial numbers, and even send message through some of the apps but as soon as a call begins every app uses the stock. I just hate how it looks.

Can anyone either tell me how go get around using the stock dialer or an application that definitely won't use the stock?

Thanks in advance y'all.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    22,963 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Replacing stock dialer issue

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Saint James View Post
    Hey y'all. I just bought an LG G2 with Verizon a weeks ago. I've been slowly learning the whole customizing thing because I came from an iPhone 4S.

Anyway, I wanted to replaced the stock dialer on my phone. So I've downloaded a couple applications and some look awesome. The problem is that every app still uses the stock dialer (or Skype) to make phone calls! I can search contacts, dial numbers, and even send message through some of the apps but as soon as a call begins every app uses the stock. I just hate how it looks.

Can anyone either tell me how go get around using the stock dialer or an application that definitely won't use the stock?

Thanks in advance y'all.

Welcome to the forums.
    When you click on a phone number from a website it should ask which one to launch by default. You can pick one then. Other than that you would have to actually use the app you got to make a phone call.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I'm just confused because nothing is ever giving me another option other than the stock dialer app. Even if I use a number from a website. Is it impossible to make a phone call using anything but the stock dialer?

Global Posts
    22,963 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Saint James View Post
    I'm just confused because nothing is ever giving me another option other than the stock dialer app. Even if I use a number from a website. Is it impossible to make a phone call using anything but the stock dialer?

I don't have an LG G2, so unfortunately I can't test anything. Is there an option in the app settings to make it default?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Nope, no such option. I can't even set up any of the new apps as the default when I place the phone call. It's so irritating.

When I was on the stock LG software I used contacts+.

Sent from my LG-G2