Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Music volume automatically lowers when opening Chrome

I don't know if this is a "feature" that was enabled in the latest Chrome update, but as of the past few days, I've had this happen and annoy me to no end:

- listen to music on Poweramp or Pandora (phone is plugged in to my car stereo via AUX / headphone jack
    - open Chrome browser
    - phone automatically "lowers volume to prevent hearing damage" (or whatever that annoying pop up says).

If i reset the volume back up, it will lower itself automatically every time I open Chrome.

This will automatically happen only with Chrome, and no other browser. Anyone else seeing this?

(bluetooth is not an option as I don't have that in my car)

Default Re: Music volume automatically lowers when opening Chrome

My Sirius/XM radio app does that too. I have it plugged in through the headphone jack and every time I turn it back on, it resets to lower. Very annoying. Should be able to check mark something like "don't remind me again"

I have a similar problem with Audible. Same annoying pop up and volume reset. It happens randomly with the phone locked and unlocked.

Posted via Android Central App

The G2 just does that. Most annoying nanny-state feature ever. I'll take care of my own damn ears thank you.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have never noticed that it lowers the volume after opening Chrome though. That part was new to me. Maybe I just never noticed it before

This issue seems to be getting worse for me. When using Audible or any music app (including the built in one) I can't go more than 20 minutes before it glitches, then lowers the volume with the pop up about hearing protection. After that it just stops whatever is playing completely in most cases. I can't tell if it's just mine or if it's a common problem. I'm not rooted and am thinking about returning it to Verizon for a replacement... Again.

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

Try Hearing Saver which you can download from Play. Despite the name I think it will do what you want. Works for me.

Sent from my LG G2 with Tapatalk

I will. Thanks!

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

weird . i haven't made any changes to the phone, but as of a few days ago this problem has gone away. i did notice that Chrome rolled out an update - maybe this bug was fixed? hopefully it doesn't come back