Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

Andy Lam1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Did a google search and the last article on lg g2 kit kat for verizon was 2 days ago, if it was an ota i think some tech articles would have been posted

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Looks real, the status bar icons have changed to white, etc. If it is a fake, it's an awful lot of trouble to go through.

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
That's not me on G+, and another guy got it posted on twitter. Noone on xda got it either, so I did all those Google searches you just mentioned couldn't figure out if this was another leak or what?

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Im sorry if this make me seen skeptical but here's what's I know. The Verizon support page still talks about update 12B. Usually that at least changes, though the don't announce it. There is not really any way to verify the all of 3 people who supposedly got this update. Coincidentally, they are on different media sets, so it's easy to have different account information that can't be verified.

The most interesting part is what I've seen and read over on XDA. I find it peculiar that, this would be the release build. The version and build number are exactly the same as the leak: http://dl-1.va.us.xda-developers.co....png?key=fZHmr4HwnsBmPNunHI1ibg&ts=1397572520

Why this troubles me is because of the host of people reporting to have encountered problems with this build. Maybe it was from custom flashing, who knows. And I could be totally wrong about everything above. Then again, Verizon has a habit of taking forever, then releasing something that has tons of problems. ugh!

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I really did get the ota yesterday. I am not the guy on twitter.

My phone is stock, never rooted. I didn't think folks would get worked up about this.
I did, however, think the ota was rolling out. Apparently something else happened.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I really did get the ota yesterday. I am not the guy on twitter.

My phone is stock, never rooted. I didn't think folks would get worked up about this.
I did, however, think the ota was rolling out. Apparently something else happened.

Go to about phone, and then status, and scroll down and it will say unrooted or something like that. Could you screen shot that?

Posted via Android Central App

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Does the OTA patch the bootloader in any way to remove the Loki exploit? Asking because the KitKat roms on XDA require manually flashing the 24A radio while preserving older bootloaders to ensure this.

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Go to about phone, and then status, and scroll down and it will say unrooted or something like that. Could you screen shot that?

Posted via Android Central App

8ate9e7e.jpg