Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 127
Like Tree11Likes
  1. #76  
    mike770's Avatar

    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    I think the update is close. I check this site daily and today for the first time the KK source code was uploaded.

    https://www.lg.com/global/support/op...L&search=vs980
  2. #77  

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    Quite a few people have reported getting the update through the LG site, and through Verizon software assistant.

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51972030
    Thanked by:
  3. #78  
    mike770's Avatar

    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    Ooops. I guess I am late to the game. Sorry.
    Thanked by:
    0331 
  4. #79  

    Cool Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    Just wanted to say that I wasn't getting it OTA, but I did like Mike770 and 0331 stated and connected my phone to my computer. It installed the Software Upgrade Assistant, and indeed found 4.4.2.

    Screenshots from the computer and the phone:










    Thanked by 2:
    0331jlmorris 
  5. #80  

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    Where is the link to the Verizon "LG" software upgrade assistant?
  6. #81  
    alcor34's Avatar

    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    It's not a link. When you plug the phone in. It should first ask if you want to install the software before it switches over the MTP or whatever other protocol you've selected as default.
  7. #82  

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    Quote Originally Posted by alcor34 View Post
    It's not a link. When you plug the phone in. It should first ask if you want to install the software before it switches over the MTP or whatever other protocol you've selected as default.
    It doesn't, never did, and there is no sign of anything Verizon related on my computer even though I can browse the phones files in win explorer.
    win 7 by the way.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #83  

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    The set up file for the lg assistant gotta be on the phone somewhere, maybe you can download it on verizon website when looking at the lg g2 page
  9. #84  
    alcor34's Avatar

    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    OK, then go into settings and see what you have selected for PC connection. Turn off any defaults. Then when plugged in open windows file explorer and look for the available drives right after plug in. I think it's Verizon F. Double click and check inside. Software should be there.
  10. #85  

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    Quote Originally Posted by alcor34 View Post
    OK, then go into settings and see what you have selected for PC connection. Turn off any defaults. Then when plugged in open windows file explorer and look for the available drives right after plug in. I think it's Verizon F. Double click and check inside. Software should be there.
    just internal storage there, nothing else.

    edit: Somehow I forced autoplay to see it and now it is updating.
  11. #86  
    joelvin's Avatar

    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    Currently downloading KitKat through Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant... connected to my Windows 8 laptop with the MTP connection method and USB Debugging enabled. Not sure if I had USB Debugging enabled before or if it enabled itself. For me, no drives mount but it did ask me what I wanted to do with "E:" drive "Verizon". Nothing shows in Windows Explorer.
  12. #87  
    mike770's Avatar

    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    You should black out your phone number in the fourth pic.
  13. #88  

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    I can't get my phone to show in the device list in the software upgrade assistant. My phone connects to my laptop, I select to run the software assistant and it opens and says it's checking device but when it finishes checking there's no phone in the list and the upgrade button is grayed out. Running Windows 8.1, phone not rooted
    somenothingness likes this.
  14. #89  

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    Quote Originally Posted by AZDroid View Post
    I can't get my phone to show in the device list in the software upgrade assistant. My phone connects to my laptop, I select to run the software assistant and it opens and says it's checking device but when it finishes checking there's no phone in the list and the upgrade button is grayed out. Running Windows 8.1, phone not rooted
    Someone over at XDA had a similar problem and resolved it by removing his device from Android Device Manager, so if you use it, I'd suggest removing it from there and trying again.
  15. #90  

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    Worked fine for me on first shot.
  16. #91  

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    Tried that trick myself. Didn't work for me. Surely this has nothing to do with black vs white models. Like the AT&T thing where the IMEI numbers were released for the black phones and not the white ones. I have the white one fwiw. My phone, when connected via USB says: Connected as an installer and has the Ethernet connection checked.
  17. #92  

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    I've tried removing the device, didn't help, I've tried all the different usb modes, restarted my phone and my laptop, it just won't work. Idk if the black vs white phone is a possible issue, but mine is white as well.

    I've tried dozens of times, it keeps going through checking device info, the progress bar goes to full then it starts over, does this 3 times every time, then nothing. The only option is to close, disconnect, reconnect, and try again. Blah
    somenothingness likes this.
  18. #93  

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    Only issue I had I kept getting a corrupt image on my Windows 8.1 laptop so I pulled out the Windows 7 laptop and BAM! I got that kitkat

    Big Pimpin' Big Red's LG G2
  19. #94  

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    Same here. I see the Verizon software installer and when I click the .exe nothing happens. Very weird.

    Posted via Android Central App
  20. #95  

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    Might be a dumb question, as my brain isn't functioning properly today it seems, but do you need to be unrooted on stock in order for this update software to see your phone? Right now I'm stock rooted and it says I have an upgrade so I click download upgrade now and it launches the assistant but it doesn't see my phone at all. I'm assuming it's because I'm rooted but I'm here for assurance ... any help appreciated.
  21. #96  

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    For all the folks who have successfully update: do you have the white or black model?
  22. #97  

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    Quote Originally Posted by rackumrack View Post
    Only issue I had I kept getting a corrupt image on my Windows 8.1 laptop so I pulled out the Windows 7 and BAM! I got that kitkat

    Big Pimpin' Big Red's LG G2
    I may try firing up my old laptop running Vista later and see if that works.
  23. #98  

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    Quote Originally Posted by AZDroid View Post
    I may try firing up my old laptop running Vista later and see if that works.
    What windows os are you running? For those wondering I have the black phone. When I attempted to download the Verizon upgrade assistant on my windows 8 PC it started to load and at the end aborted due to a corrupt image. Windows 8 blows, I'm sure any os but 8 will do the trick.


    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  24. #99  

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bwahahahaha View Post
    Might be a dumb question, as my brain isn't functioning properly today it seems, but do you need to be unrooted on stock in order for this update software to see your phone? Right now I'm stock rooted and it says I have an upgrade so I click download upgrade now and it launches the assistant but it doesn't see my phone at all. I'm assuming it's because I'm rooted but I'm here for assurance ... any help appreciated.
    Should work you will only lose root, as long as you have not downloaded clockwork or twrp as your recovery.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  25. #100  

    Default Re: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?

    I do have TWRP as my recovery... so what do I do? And thanks for your response!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-28-2015, 10:23 AM
  2. Dark photos in G+ photos app on my Moto X
    By seanubis in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-22-2014, 11:55 AM
  3. LG G2 F320L - Wifi not turning on and no mac address
    By Shaker Bin Sulaiman in forum LG G2
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2014, 03:49 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2014, 03:28 PM
  5. Reduce radio volume on Huawei 8686 (Prism II)?
    By MgFrobozz in forum Huawei
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2014, 11:13 AM

Posting Permissions