Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default hotword detection not working?

Hi,
    I have to admit I am a new smartphone user, so please forgive me if I am missing something really obvious! I have some dexterity issues, so I was trying to figure out what I can do with my phone via voice commands.

I have a new Verizon LG G2. I want to wake up Google Now from the home screen (hotword detection) by voice (OK google), without touching the mic icon or google widget first. My phone won't do this... I could have sworn I had it working before...

Is this supposed to work on Jellybean? if so, could I have downloaded an app that interfered with the feature? [I have deleted any recently downloaded apps, done a soft reset, started up in safe mode.. with no luck]

Thanks! misty

Default Re: hotword detection not working?

You will need to be on 4.4 or there is some tweaking with root and exposed and a few app in the play store other wise wait till kit Kat drops which a vzw told me should be by the end of March or,early April Hoping very soon

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe one of the play store apps did a tweak... and then I undid it somehow.

Ahh, guess I'll have to wait - sounds like folks have been waiting a while for that update.

misty

what bfitz is saying is that the vzw g2 on it's current software can't do that but that a new update that is coming soon should add that feature. I can't attest to kit kat adding that ability, but it should be coming soon. it's already been released for pretty much every other g2 carrier. the phones that have been advertising that ability were already running kit kat

Sent from my Verizon Wireless G2, using unlimited data

Now that the VZW updated the G2 to kit kat, its still not working... is anyone out there have any luck getting the hotword to work on the G2

i"m having the same issue with my Verizon LG G2. I cannot get google now to work with the command from the home screen. It works great if google now is open.

did you ever find a solution?

Thanks

RW