First post: new to the G2 and have 2 questions

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Came over from a Galaxy Nexus...and noticed this G2 forum was the most active...

Questions:

1. I wanted to see what the LG apps were like (the remote, etc.) but didn't want to really accept their EULA about all the things they might track. After doing so, and seeing the apps aren't worth it to me...is there a way to reset or disable this now besides a factory reset? I tried clearing the data/cache in the apps but the EULA must be linked to a different app or something else.

2. Every morning when I swipe down the notification bar it reminds me of what WIFI I'm on, that NewsHog has new articles, that Quiet Mode will be turned on according to the schedule, etc. I can't find a way to remove this notification. I can clear the notification bar and the next day they come back. Any ideas here besides clearing it daily?

Thanks...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You can check the settings of individual apps and look for Notification options. For example, open NewsHog, tap the menu button, and look for an option to turn off notifications. Another option is to go to Settings>Apps>All, select the app in question, and uncheck the Notification box.

LGElectronics

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Came over from a Galaxy Nexus...and noticed this G2 forum was the most active...

Questions:

1. I wanted to see what the LG apps were like (the remote, etc.) but didn't want to really accept their EULA about all the things they might track. After doing so, and seeing the apps aren't worth it to me...is there a way to reset or disable this now besides a factory reset? I tried clearing the data/cache in the apps but the EULA must be linked to a different app or something else.

2. Every morning when I swipe down the notification bar it reminds me of what WIFI I'm on, that NewsHog has new articles, that Quiet Mode will be turned on according to the schedule, etc. I can't find a way to remove this notification. I can clear the notification bar and the next day they come back. Any ideas here besides clearing it daily?

Thanks...

Hi, With regards to question 1, you will need to factory reset to clear the EULA. For question 2, notifications are application dependant. In the case of WiFi, there is no way to disable the notification. For Quiet Mode, the notification displays when the device enters or exits Quiet Mode and cannot be disabled without turning off the feature. Please contact the developer for third party applications to see about how (if possible) to disable notifications. Let us know if this helps. ^SM