Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Global or lte/cdma

What is better to have your phone, global or lte/cdma ? I set my phone to lte/cdma and it reset itself to global. Battery is phenomenal so I don't think it affects battery much. So global or lte/cdma

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    13,064 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Global or lte/cdma

Quote Originally Posted by leozdad View Post
    What is better to have your phone, global or lte/cdma ? I set my phone to lte/cdma and it reset itself to global. Battery is phenomenal so I don't think it affects battery much. So global or lte/cdma

Posted via Android Central App
    Keep it to global - you'll still get LTE/CDMA connectivity. There shouldn't be any real different with battery that I can think of.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Default Re: Global or lte/cdma

I did some research on this last month. I have found the G2 spent less time searching for a 3G or LTE signal when the phone is in Global mode. I live in a part of North Texas where towers are 15-30 miles apart and so consistent testing is possible using the same set of towers. In the LTE/CDMA mode the phone would sometimes spend as much as 2 minutes hunting for 3G or LTE signal when handing off between two towers along the highway. In Global mode, it was closer to 10-15 seconds at handoff times. I noticed the leaked KitKat OTA for Verizon has an updated radio baseband so that may change in the future, once I get the official OTA I will re-evaluate.