Verizon LG G2: So I'm guessing we aren't getting KitKat?

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Seems Sprint G2 customers are more or less in the same spot. There was word over at xda that someone found a Verizon VS980 KK test version rom of Kitkat, but it sill elusive. I just don't think Verizon places the same value on timely updates as most other providers do. Maybe the general public just doesn't care, but the adoption rates of new iOS versions would indicate otherwise.

bfitz26

May 10, 2012
Visit site
So just got off the chat with vzw not sure if I really believe this or not but this was passed on to me my wife is the account holder don't judge lol
e2ujuvuz.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Seems Sprint G2 customers are more or less in the same spot. There was word over at xda that someone found a Verizon VS980 KK test version rom of Kitkat, but it sill elusive. I just don't think Verizon places the same value on timely updates as most other providers do. Maybe the general public just doesn't care, but the adoption rates of new iOS versions would indicate otherwise.

Yep, we're in the same spot. LG posted the finished kernel on the LG site for Sprint. Idk about Verizon though.

Um.. Monday is supposed to be the big day, so here's hoping both Verizon and Sprint start seeing the update pushed out on Monday.

-Adam-
Sent from my LG-LS980.

deku13

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Seems like we are a bit spoiled.after playing the the m8, My g2 with 4.2 kicks the poo out of the 4.4 on that phone. I can wait a bit longer for kit Kat....

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer