Verizon LG G2: Looking for tips from seasoned users

Kevin Ryan2

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
My G2 is on its way, I did all the usual pre-order research and I'm a little concerned about the level of bloat, sparkles and glitter verizon and LG crammed into this phone. I chose it because the specs are amazing and verizon is selling it for next to nothing right now. So I would like to maximize those specs and am looking for any tips and/or tricks out there, short of rooting.

I've read loading a 3rd party launcher, specifically nova launcher prime, can massively improve ones experience. Anyone have an opinion on the subject?

Side question, anyone have the specs on the stock charger? I've read 5v 2.1a, but I'd love some confirmation.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: Looking for tips from seasoned users

My charger says 5V 1.8 Amp.

I use the Nova Launcher but only because it allows more icons on home screen. I found the stock launcher to be very good.

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Looking for tips from seasoned users

I've tried Nova launcher on my G2 since I've used it on past phones, but in this case I didn't find Nova added anything in the way of performance. On the G2 use it for the extra features but don't expect it to be any faster than the stock launcher.

thecycleoflife

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
If you don't want to root your phone you can still disable the bloat apps. For the Verizon version, I think the command is:

Settings
Application Manager
Click on the app
Click on the "disable" box

Output on the stock Verizon charger is 5V, 1.8A.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam