Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By AKFL3TCH3R
  • 1 Post By AKFL3TCH3R
  • 1 Post By Ace4
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon LG G2: KitKat is alive and kicking!!

Didn't see a thread on here, so I just wanted to let some of you know that we are now running a leaked, stable build of KitKat on our Verizon G2. From how well this is running, this could very well be the OTA that we will get. As of right now, the only way to install it, is to KDZ or TOT back to stock 11A, take the 12B OTA and from there you must use ADB to get it to install correctly and keep root. Cloudyfa and maybe someone else are working on a flashable zip method, but as of right now they are having problems with getting everything to work correctly once it is installed. Also there is no working KK recovery, but to my understanding, that is being worked on as well. One more thing, this will wipe your phone, including your internal storage. So make a backup and move those, pictures and anything else that you wish to keep to your desktop for safe keeping. Head over to here VS98024A - OTA manual install - xda-developers for more info and instructions. Enjoy!!

P.S.....KitKat is running like a champ. Smooth without any hiccups!

Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-30-2014 at 06:17 PM.

Default Re: KitKat is alive and kicking!!

Seems better to wait for the OTA haha

Posted via Android Central App
    kxs783kms likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by AKFL3TCH3R View Post

Yeah, especially if you're not handy with ADB. But if you are, it's well worth it, considering there is no telling when Verizon will approve and release an official version. For all we know, it could be another month from now.

Quote Originally Posted by kxs783kms View Post
    Yeah, especially if you're not handy with ADB. But if you are, it's well worth it, considering there is no telling when Verizon will approve and release an official version. For all we know, it could be another month from now.
    That's true. I might try this if its not out in the next couple of days.

kxs783kms likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AKFL3TCH3R View Post

Ya think?

Still no transparent notification bar? Come on LG

Any chance this could be flashed as a rom? I've rooted and romed my phones before but am not very technical. I'm just able to read and follow step by step instructions.

For any of you more technologically advanced people - what reason would prevent this from being able to be made into a flashable rom? Please dumb your explanation down a little for me as well.

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

Right now there are compatibility problems between the kernel in the 24A build and some of the radio software versions, as well as problems with using a custom recovery. You can't (easily) flash a rom without a custom recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by codyfred85 View Post
    Any chance this could be flashed as a rom? I've rooted and romed my phones before but am not very technical. I'm just able to read and follow step by step instructions.

For any of you more technologically advanced people - what reason would prevent this from being able to be made into a flashable rom? Please dumb your explanation down a little for me as well.
    kxs783kms likes this.