Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery life - HELP!

I've been biding my time with my phone. I used to get ~20-22 hrs life on a charge - not quite the 2-3 days some people post about, but it was ok for my purposes. Lately though my battery life has plummeted. I'd really rather not factory reset, although it is looking more and more likely that will be the case. I am on a stock launch day LG G2 (never before rooted). Here are some screenshots:

Battery life - HELP!-2014-04-04-15-52-28.jpg
    Battery life - HELP!-2014-04-04-15-52-42.jpg
    Battery life - HELP!-2014-04-04-15-53-03.jpg
    Battery life - HELP!-2014-04-04-15-53-18.jpg
    Battery life - HELP!-2014-04-04-15-53-29.jpg
    Battery life - HELP!-2014-04-04-15-53-45.jpg

Edit - also halfway during the day, the phone was in airplane mode for 1 hr, so nothing should have theoretically been transmitting during this period.

Anecdotally, whenever I browse the web on my phone, the back becomes very warm or hot. Not sure why this is.

Brightness is set to autobrightness (55% baseline). GPS/bluetooth/wifi off unless I am using it (have not used it once today).

Any tips? Thanks!

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Default Re: Battery life - HELP!

I'm also having this issue with my VZW G2... I'm not sure if you have the app FolderSync but I uninstalled it and it seems like the phone is draining slower but still at an abnormal rate. Hopefully someone has better ideas :-(

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Ultimately, you will have to do the factory reset to see if it's the Phone. Download VZ Cloud from Playstore (or update existing app) and run over WiFi to backup everything. Then, backup anything else additional you need (check out what the cloud backs up...it's a lot! ). But....I would wait for the latest Kit-Kat update to install...Then do the factory reset. I usually do factory resets after each major software update...I like to think it clears up any garbage from my prior use.

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yeah I was hoping to wait till kit Kat before factory resetting. Going on vacation next weekend so I might have to reset either way before then

Sent from my Verizon LG G2

FDR sounds like your best shot. If it was me, I'd turn off the data backup, then be careful about what goes back on it.

I was having battery issues, but it was because I had location access turned on and it couldn't find the satellites. After turning it off, my phone is where i think it should be on battery life.
    Proud owner of: White LG G2 & (iPhone 6)
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, Droid Turbo, & LG G3 (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)

I am noticing GPS and/or Location services not locking in on the actual location. I see 'Finding Location' in my notification screen, infrequently, which means the Phone is searching, searching searching....and probably draining battery right along with it! Other threads discuss GPS not functioning correctly. Hopefully fix is in the next update!

Posted via Android Central App