Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ntice
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

Default The KitKat update doesn't seem to have much

Read some reviews of the KK update for Sprint/ATT users, and saw the LG video which shows a 17% performance increase. But there are also many complaints in the forums of performance and battery life going down.

The actual rom seems exactly the same except for transparent notification bar, which it seems Verizon disabled. There's no update in the settings/themes, the notification bar has the date in the title but still has a whole row for the 'clear' button.

I honestly think having this update won't be that much noticeable in real life. But I'm a new G2 owner and very happy with my phone, so what do I know

Default Re: The KitKat update doesn't seem to have much

I suggest looking at your device or a week or so of normal use. Only you can determine if the KK update affects your battery and performance since who knows a phone better than the person that uses it everyday.

So Verizon is making it so the notification bar isn't transparent? What the hell. I wanted transparency for launchers.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by AKFL3TCH3R View Post
    So Verizon is making it so the notification bar isn't transparent? What the hell. I wanted transparency for launchers.

I get the feeling that Verizon just likes to **** people off for no reason.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xgman View Post
    I get the feeling that Verizon just likes to **** people off for no reason.
    They just like to be different. You know, make their customers unhappy, release updates late if ever, force companies to redesign phones just for them, slap their logo everywhere they can, and charge more for less..... Why the hell do I Verizon again?

Posted from a Kit Kat hungry LG G2.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
    Read some reviews of the KK update for Sprint/ATT users, and saw the LG video which shows a 17% performance increase. But there are also many complaints in the forums of performance and battery life going down.

The actual rom seems exactly the same except for transparent notification bar, which it seems Verizon disabled. There's no update in the settings/themes, the notification bar has the date in the title but still has a whole row for the 'clear' button.

I honestly think having this update won't be that much noticeable in real life. But I'm a new G2 owner and very happy with my phone, so what do I know
    Immersive mode nuff said.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

+1 on the immersive mode.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slinky826 View Post
    They just like to be different. You know, make their customers unhappy, release updates late if ever, force companies to redesign phones just for them, slap their logo everywhere they can, and charge more for less..... Why the hell do I Verizon again?

Posted from a Kit Kat hungry LG G2.
    I verizon for coverage and network speed. The rest is frustrating but those two factors are important.
    somenothingness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyEvoAce View Post
    Immersive mode nuff said.
    What's immersive mode? Where is it?

Immersive mode, I believe, is an API developers can tap into. It allows the application to run full screen. Title bar/soft keys hidden.

FWIW. I got the KK update about two weeks ago on my Sprint LG G2. I noticed some performance improvements right away but the biggest thing has been that after about 2 weeks for things "settling in", the battery life is REALLY good.
    Thanked by: