Kitkat said to be available via pc software upgrade tool.

somenothingness

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
jlmorris, I did the same thing. Still nothing. Even uninstalled the device and drivers, and depending on the connection method, other drivers are installed as well. Gonna try a few more methods. Black or white phone model?

jlmorris

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the black phone. I doubt it makes a difference, but I guess you never know.

This is what appears on my machine when I first plug the phone in (as I said, I have it defaulted to connect as MTP):
Image2.jpg

This only last about 15 seconds and then it disappears and the VS980 4G drive shows up.

I just double-clicked on the VerizonSWUpgradeAssistantLauncher.exe and it installed the software. Then it found my phone and told me the upgrade was available.

Last edited:

somenothingness

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
LG stated, in chat anyway, that the update is only available via OTA, that the update tool. doesn't work. sigh...even they (or some of them) don't follow forums huh?

bdelio

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
jlmorris, I did the same thing. Still nothing. Even uninstalled the device and drivers, and depending on the connection method, other drivers are installed as well. Gonna try a few more methods. Black or white phone model?

Edit: I didn't read the entire chain. Ignore my comments as I thought you were having trouble installing the upgrade assistant.

Are you at work? Not sure if this is your issue but you are it's possible that your work limits what devices can connect via usb.

My work limits what devices can attach via usb through group policy. I'm in IT and apparently I can't install the upgrade assistant. Go figure. Anyways, I've searched for the installation package on the internet and can't seem to find it anywhere. I guess I'll have to wait until I get home.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

somenothingness

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm at home myself. I still think it has something to do with the hardware numbers on the white model. Yeah, I know it sounds dumb, but everyone else has the black phone, no issues. I'm waiting for the OTA. If that doesn't come in time, I'll actually believe my dumb theory about color makes a difference.

jlmorris

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
LG stated, in chat anyway, that the update is only available via OTA, that the update tool. doesn't work. sigh...even they (or some of them) don't follow forums huh?
Doesn't surprise they wouldn't know, or have been informed, that it is available via the upgrade assistant.

I've upgraded both phones we have in our household now:
Image1.jpg

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Digging the transparent notification bar and navigation buttons! But is it correct that there is no developer option to use the ART run-time? I'm not seeing that option where it was on my Nexus 7.

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Can't do it on my Mac which has kept me waiting until I got home to my wife's WinBlows machine. Now, downloading taking forever! Left it around 50% to go run some errands. I have been quite impatient with this, IDK why though. It's like a damned carrot hanging out in front of me. Damn you Verizon!!! Anyway, hopefully it's worth it and hopefully it fixes the Exchange mail push problem on the stock mail client. Guess I'll find out later tonight...

Posted via Android Central App

steelysteel

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Installation success on my white g2. Voice quality definitely seems improved. UI is pretty damn responsive as well. Win so far in my book. Time will tell.

Posted via Android Central App