Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

Default Kitkat said to be available via pc software upgrade tool.

Verizon LG G2 Android Kitkat Update Available now!

I'm about to check on my computer. And yes it's there.

Sorry if this was already posted.
    Thanked by:
    Darth Spock likes this.

Default Re: Kitkat said to be available via pc software upgrade tool.

Omg, for real? I checked im still not getting ota
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

Apparently, according to the article, it won't be ota for a couple days. But it's there in desktop manager for me. Besides, through manager, it downloads the entire package, so i'm going for that with a reset in the hopes that all will be well.

See my post here: Verizon LG G2: Word on KitKat?
    Thanked by:

There is no vs980 in the list on the lg mobile support tool, so I don't see how this can work at all. basically this tool doesn't see the verizon G2 phone. When connecting my phone I never got a prompt to install any Verizon update software.

Quote Originally Posted by xgman View Post
    There is no vs980 in the list on the lg mobile support tool, so I don't see how this can work at all. basically this tool doesn't see the verizon G2 phone.
    And...you'd be 100% wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by HideYoKidsHideYoWIFI View Post
    And...you'd be 100% wrong.
    that's real helpful.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

Check post on any word on kitkat. There maybe helpful info there on how to fix.

LG Tools does see my G2, but says its up to date. VZW software upgrade assistant doesn't recognize my phone in the device list. It says its up to date though. Hmmm.

that's real helpful.
    It was meant to "debunk" your original comment that "I don't see how this can work at all, this tool doesn't see the Verizon G2 phone". You should've said "I'm having trouble getting it to work.

i give up. i guess my computer bypassed this verizon step and now won't let me get back to where i could get the software update thingy. maybe you need a factory usb cable which I no longer have.

edit: Somehow I forced autoplay to see it and now it is updating.

must be limited slots on the server. Only so many at a time. I'll wait till the OTA. Software should communicate better than this. Is what it is.

mine finally updated to kk using the pc software.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

I found the update via the software as well. Install went smoothly and I am currently finishing up a FDR after installation to make sure it's as smooth and trouble free as possible

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

For those who took the official OTA (via KDZ flash) - are you still able to root after that? Does it affect the bootloader Loki exploit?

Yup works perfectly. Running 4.4.2. Took a whole 10 mins
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

i give up. i guess my computer bypassed this verizon step and now won't let me get back to where i could get the software update thingy. maybe you need a factory usb cable which I no longer have.

edit: Somehow I forced autoplay to see it and now it is updating.
    Why don't you try uninstalling the update tool, and drives and then plug the phone in and let it do the process again?

Tried that trick myself. Didn't work for me. Surely this has nothing to do with black vs white models. Like the AT&T thing where the IMEI numbers were released for the black phones and not the white ones. I have the white one fwiw. My phone, when connected via USB says: Connected as an installer and has the Ethernet connection checked.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Might be a dumb question, as my brain isn't functioning properly today it seems, but do you need to be unrooted on stock in order for this update software to see your phone? Right now I'm stock rooted and it says I have an upgrade so I click download upgrade now and it launches the assistant but it doesn't see my phone at all. I'm assuming it's because I'm rooted but I'm here for assurance ... any help appreciated.

Here is what I did. I wasn't able to get the updater to appear when plugging in the phone and I think it is because I have auto run disabled. I didn't check.

But what I noticed with Windows Explorer open is that when I plug the phone in (USB setting on phone is set to connect as MTP), a drive appears for about 10 to 15 seconds and it sees it as a CD drive. On mine it shows as Drive H: since I have hard drive partitioned through Drive G).

I quickly browsed that drive while it was still up and the Verizon Software Updater is an executable in the root of the drive. I double clicked it, it installed and is now updating the phone.

FWIW.

jlmorris, I did the same thing. Still nothing. Even uninstalled the device and drivers, and depending on the connection method, other drivers are installed as well. Gonna try a few more methods. Black or white phone model?

I have the black phone. I doubt it makes a difference, but I guess you never know.

This is what appears on my machine when I first plug the phone in (as I said, I have it defaulted to connect as MTP):
    Kitkat said to be available via pc software upgrade tool.-image2.jpg

This only last about 15 seconds and then it disappears and the VS980 4G drive shows up.

I just double-clicked on the VerizonSWUpgradeAssistantLauncher.exe and it installed the software. Then it found my phone and told me the upgrade was available.

LG stated, in chat anyway, that the update is only available via OTA, that the update tool. doesn't work. sigh...even they (or some of them) don't follow forums huh?

Quote Originally Posted by somenothingness View Post
    jlmorris, I did the same thing. Still nothing. Even uninstalled the device and drivers, and depending on the connection method, other drivers are installed as well. Gonna try a few more methods. Black or white phone model?
    Edit: I didn't read the entire chain. Ignore my comments as I thought you were having trouble installing the upgrade assistant.

Are you at work? Not sure if this is your issue but you are it's possible that your work limits what devices can connect via usb.

My work limits what devices can attach via usb through group policy. I'm in IT and apparently I can't install the upgrade assistant. Go figure. Anyways, I've searched for the installation package on the internet and can't seem to find it anywhere. I guess I'll have to wait until I get home.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I'm at home myself. I still think it has something to do with the hardware numbers on the white model. Yeah, I know it sounds dumb, but everyone else has the black phone, no issues. I'm waiting for the OTA. If that doesn't come in time, I'll actually believe my dumb theory about color makes a difference.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast