Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Did you update your .....WHITE G2..... yet?

All updates I have seen thus far are through VZW Software Upgrade Assistant or LG Mobile Tools. And, all of the successful updates were on BLACK models. Anyone update their WHITE phone yet?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Did you update your .....WHITE G2..... yet?

One theory is that the black was released before the white and therefore the updates are perhaps in that order, but I dont remember them being sold one before the other on VZW.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

I have a white g2 and no update for me using the software.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/04/17...ade-assistant/ These folks hear what I'm saying, and they believe it...cause it's happening to them too.

Global Posts
    1,230 Global Posts
    ROM
    SimpleAOSP & Hells-Core

There is no difference between the White and Black models of LG G2... there is no different firmware for each model, the difference is just color.
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on AT&T (SimpleAOSP/hells-Core Kernel/LTE)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    There is no difference between the White and Black models of LG G2... there is no different firmware for each model, the difference is just color.
    There must be...a lot of AT&T and T-Mobile users haven't even been updated on their white ones yet. Search around, there are loads of posts regarding this subject. I agree, there is no difference in color, but there is in the assigned hardware numbers and the manufacturing date. And, rumour was that the white IMEI #s weren't released by LG, or some such malarky. Not that I can see that as a valid reason for this hooha.

Global Posts
    1,230 Global Posts
    ROM
    SimpleAOSP & Hells-Core

Quote Originally Posted by somenothingness View Post
    There must be...a lot of AT&T and T-Mobile users haven't even been updated on their white ones yet. Search around, there are loads of posts regarding this subject. I agree, there is no difference in color, but there is in the assigned hardware numbers and the manufacturing date. And, rumour was that the white IMEI #s weren't released by LG, or some such malarky. Not that I can see that as a valid reason for this hooha.
    Hmm... interesting... I did find a handful of those instances here and there with T-Mobile, but everyone who did the "return to stock" method of installing the update on the white model had no issues. Curious. will keep watching with interest.
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on AT&T (SimpleAOSP/hells-Core Kernel/LTE)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
    Hmm... interesting... I did find a handful of those instances here and there with T-Mobile, but everyone who did the "return to stock" method of installing the update on the white model had no issues. Curious. will keep watching with interest.
    I'm not rooted, and on stock, so time will tell.

I have white model, and I got the OTA the other day. Is your phone not being recognized when plugged in to pc?

I have a white G2 and I'm currently downloading the update through software upgrade assistant now. Will report back once the update is installed. I had to perform a fresh win 8.1 install because my win 7 VM would not recognize the phone properly.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Update was successful. I'm happier with my phone now than I was two hours ago. Call quality seems much improved. UI is pretty responsive as well. Further testing will tell if all is fixed.

I also have a white G2 and am currently downloading the update with the verizon software.
    Thanked by:

Updated my white model last night. Had to disable Avast to fully install the upgrade assistant. Finally got it all installed. Honestly, I'm not sure its worth it. Not seeing any drastic improvements, and ram usage is much higher than before. Going to do an FDR this weekend since I won't have the time today. Hopefully that makes it better.

Thanked by:

Unused ram is wasted ram. That's what enables the quick operation of apps, rather than having to load it all from scratch.

When your phone needs more ram, it kills the process that is not being used in awhile.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Finally. OTA worked while the software tools did not. UPDATE: OTA wasn't 100% successful. Power button ends call no matter if I uncheck the option box in call settings.
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,311 Global Posts

mine updated with the OTA a few hours ago

my white has ota available but didnt take it. i also dont use antivirus on a phone because thats ridiculous...unless u install pirated apks from shady sites...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

My update didn't install correctly. Power button ends calls no matter the accessibility option. I uncheck the option box, but still ends calls.

I had issues after manually flashing (didn't take ota) and rooting, so I restored factory settings and everything is working fine now

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Received replacement and FDR-update-FDR. Good now.