Did you update your .....WHITE G2..... yet?

somenothingness

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
All updates I have seen thus far are through VZW Software Upgrade Assistant or LG Mobile Tools. And, all of the successful updates were on BLACK models. Anyone update their WHITE phone yet?

somenothingness

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
One theory is that the black was released before the white and therefore the updates are perhaps in that order, but I dont remember them being sold one before the other on VZW.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
There is no difference between the White and Black models of LG G2... there is no different firmware for each model, the difference is just color.

somenothingness

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
There is no difference between the White and Black models of LG G2... there is no different firmware for each model, the difference is just color.

There must be...a lot of AT&T and T-Mobile users haven't even been updated on their white ones yet. Search around, there are loads of posts regarding this subject. I agree, there is no difference in color, but there is in the assigned hardware numbers and the manufacturing date. And, rumour was that the white IMEI #s weren't released by LG, or some such malarky. Not that I can see that as a valid reason for this hooha.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
There must be...a lot of AT&T and T-Mobile users haven't even been updated on their white ones yet. Search around, there are loads of posts regarding this subject. I agree, there is no difference in color, but there is in the assigned hardware numbers and the manufacturing date. And, rumour was that the white IMEI #s weren't released by LG, or some such malarky. Not that I can see that as a valid reason for this hooha.
Hmm... interesting... I did find a handful of those instances here and there with T-Mobile, but everyone who did the "return to stock" method of installing the update on the white model had no issues. Curious. will keep watching with interest.

somenothingness

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... interesting... I did find a handful of those instances here and there with T-Mobile, but everyone who did the "return to stock" method of installing the update on the white model had no issues. Curious. will keep watching with interest.

I'm not rooted, and on stock, so time will tell.

steelysteel

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a white G2 and I'm currently downloading the update through software upgrade assistant now. Will report back once the update is installed. I had to perform a fresh win 8.1 install because my win 7 VM would not recognize the phone properly.

Posted via Android Central App

steelysteel

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Update was successful. I'm happier with my phone now than I was two hours ago. Call quality seems much improved. UI is pretty responsive as well. Further testing will tell if all is fixed.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Updated my white model last night. Had to disable Avast to fully install the upgrade assistant. Finally got it all installed. Honestly, I'm not sure its worth it. Not seeing any drastic improvements, and ram usage is much higher than before. Going to do an FDR this weekend since I won't have the time today. Hopefully that makes it better.

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Unused ram is wasted ram. That's what enables the quick operation of apps, rather than having to load it all from scratch.

When your phone needs more ram, it kills the process that is not being used in awhile.

somenothingness

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Finally. OTA worked while the software tools did not. UPDATE: OTA wasn't 100% successful. Power button ends call no matter if I uncheck the option box in call settings.

Last edited:

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
my white has ota available but didnt take it. i also dont use antivirus on a phone because thats ridiculous...unless u install pirated apks from shady sites...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I had issues after manually flashing (didn't take ota) and rooting, so I restored factory settings and everything is working fine now

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888