First impressions of 4.4.2?

somenothingness

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
VZW rep said: Oh wow! I hate to see you are having trouble with the update. The file sizes vary based on how the phone is updated because over the air updates (OTA) add what you don't have and the PC updates are removing and re-downloading software from scratch on the phone.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Actually, it looks like this has nothing to do with Nova. Even from the stock Home launcher, I can only knock-off from an empty area of the home screen, but not from the notification bar. If I double tap the notification bar, whether in Nova or Home, it starts to open the notification shade on the first tap, and doesn't register a double tap.

Could it be some setting or software I am using that is causing this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

bprushik

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
After looking at Verizon's modifications... I think I will be rooting this weekend. I was waiting for the OTA. Now that I have it...There is no point in not rooting

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

LegacyEvoAce

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Been trying my games out its so damn nice not having the damn onscreen buttons in the way anymore. Hopefully within the coming months all apps/games will work this way right now its still just a handful.

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that AOSP browser does not work anymore, any way to get it to work? It always seemed to work well for pages where Chrome was being crunky. Also, my phone is definitely snappier!

Posted via Android Central App

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, this auto lightning darkening screen me driving my crazy! Hope i can adjust something! ! It lightens up, dims about every 20 seconds.

ElMalevo

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Regarding my last post, it was battery related. I charged it to 100% after downloading Kit Kat and it said I only had 12 hours of battery usage to use. Something is wrong, cause prior to downloading it, it would read 20+ hours. I'm absolutely gutted as I love this phone.

somenothingness

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Just like after running a ROM, you will need to drain the battery through use and recharge with phone off a few times before the stats really reflect the true lifespan. I know that my mobile data usage measured by phone reset as well as a few other stats after the update. Takes time for it to settle in.

4reni

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Desperately need help. Accepted the new update on my unlocked international GS3 before I went to bed. Woke to realize my phone will not start it's stuck on the SAMSUNG launch screen. I have nova launcher installed. Pls help I'm a newbie so pls use laymans terms. Thanks a bunch.

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Desperately need help. Accepted the new update on my unlocked international GS3 before I went to bed. Woke to realize my phone will not start it's stuck on the SAMSUNG launch screen. I have nova launcher installed. Pls help I'm a newbie so pls use laymans terms. Thanks a bunch.

im not going to answer a samsung question on an lg g2 forum. learn 2 forums.

i have to look up what i need to do before updating. im rooted and run xposed and pretty sure i need to uninstall xposed before taking the update. if im rooted, can i take the ota or do i need to dl and flash the manual update file in recovery?

to an above poster regarding rooting, from what i understand there wasnt a way to root kitkat for a while after it came out. there probably is a way now, but make sure before ugrading. if no one has figured out a way to root on kk youll have to downgrade to jb, root, and then upgrade back to kk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

303kush

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Actually, it looks like this has nothing to do with Nova. Even from the stock Home launcher, I can only knock-off from an empty area of the home screen, but not from the notification bar. If I double tap the notification bar, whether in Nova or Home, it starts to open the notification shade on the first tap, and doesn't register a double tap.

Could it be some setting or software I am using that is causing this?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

My g2 Let's me knock in the notification bar, but keyboard is super laggy

Nyvideo

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Since the update my batter icon is totally white rather than being green like it was before. Is this a change or did I miss something?
Also the 4G icon is also always white. Didn't it used to turn blue when data was synced or am I thinking about a previous version or phone?

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Not liking the monochrome status bar, but the already great battery life does seem even better.

And, I seem to have lost 5-7k off the Antutu score, despite claims of increased performance.

Also, Chrome was crashing @ startup every time. I cleared cache /data to no avail, then uninstalled/reinstalled the (Chrome) updates which seems to have fixed it.

(Oh, this is after the OTA update)

Last edited: