First impressions of 4.4.2?

wwwjr

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
How's your experience been this far since the upgrade? I'll be doing mine later today.

Posted via Android Central App

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Ok. Here's something that seems broken: with Nova Launcher, knock-off in the notification bar no longer works. All it does is cause the notification slide to slide down.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

bmandrews7

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Look at an app called knock lock I use it with the action launcher and I love it because it saves me from having to knock on the action bar to turn the screen off.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Problem is that I want to turn off the screen without locking the phone and requiring my password to reopen.

rackumrack

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed gps is gone and been replaced with a location app, does this mean gps is on all the time?
UPDATE: with the above mentioned I noticed the new location only pops up when you open an app like maps or waze that require gps.... Maybe.

Big Pimpin' Big Red's LG G2

y2kirk1028

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
first thing i noticed is that screen auto brightness seems work a lot faster and better now.
knock-knock seems to be improved as well.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Another annoyance is that Verizon has force-kept some Holo blue elements in the notification shade, including the on-line indication for toggles, the word "notifications" (which is stupid to even be there: if you need to be told that what you are looking at are notifications, you've got bigger problems), and "Verizon Wireless" at the bottom of the slide. Not functionally relevant, but these sure look terrible.

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I won't get a good feel for the battery life until I go to work Monday, but so far the phone feels a bit smoother and snappier. I've noticed a few slight changes in the phone. Overall a nice update. I was hoping knock code would be in the update, but that's not a huge deal.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed gps is gone and been replaced with a location app, does this mean gps is on all the time?
UPDATE: with the above mentioned I noticed the new location only pops up when you open an app like maps or waze that require gps.... Maybe.

Big Pimpin' Big Red's LG G2

Go into settings under location and choose the mode that you'd like to use. High priority keeps gps and other location services on all the time. I use battery saver as it uses wifi etc. And well, extreme explains itself. However to get navigation to work in maps, you'll have to switch to high accuracy, which it will tell you to do when you are trying to use navigation.

Goingcarcrazy

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I will 2nd that battery drain while asleep is a lot less. I left my charging cable by the computer and was too lazy to get up and get it, so I just left it unplugged bedside last night. Went to sleep at 62%, woke up this morning and it was at 61%. Everything else seems pretty much the same. Maybe a little more responsive, google chrome seems quicker to show results, but other than that, meh. I was happy before and I'm happy now.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Google wallet is a viable option now. Haven't used it to see if it actually works, but at least its there.

AZDroid

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Another annoyance is that Verizon has force-kept some Holo blue elements in the notification shade, including the on-line indication for toggles, the word "notifications" (which is stupid to even be there: if you need to be told that what you are looking at are notifications, you've got bigger problems), and "Verizon Wireless" at the bottom of the slide. Not functionally relevant, but these sure look terrible.

I liked the blue, it matched my cyan Incipio DualPro case. But consistency would be nice, they should have changed all to white or left it all blue. Where are you seeing the "Verizon Wireless"? In the notification shade? I don't see that on mine

jhaire08

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I think this may be what Physioprof is talking about

Attachments

• 1397853977250.jpg
    1397853977250.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 107

Forum statistics

Threads
Members