Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Vzw upgrade assistant help:(

Im trying to get the new kit kat from the pc software upgrade assistant and for some reason i can get installed but the software is not seeing the device. It tells me to unplug and reconnect the phone to get it to work but that is not working. I uninstalled the software from the pc and reinstalled it but with no luck;(
    PS: even though i got it disabled why is avast saying there is a virus in this software?

Default Re: Vzw upgrade assistant help:(

Under PC Connection on the phone, set it to internet connection > Ethernet. Then plug it in to your PC.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well do, im gonna try as soon as i get out of work... Wonder why they dont say this stuff in the program thats why people struggle...

That doesn't work for me, even if I put it in media mode, the upgrade assistant automatically changes it to the internet connection mode. But then it never gets past checking device info.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I got it to work, i downloaded the lastest usb drivers from LG website on there support window click downloads and manuals then it well ask you for a model number lgvs980 the top one is verizon and then click on software update and install the lastest usb drivers

I updated drivers too, still won't get past checking device info. Glad you got it to work for you
    A delicious bass...

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.2, JellyBean

I was having a ton of issues with getting the software to update my phone. Patience is a virtue, I just checked the OTA, and I got a 600MB+ file downloading right now!

I own a white model G2, and it's an awesome device!
    I think I just... Yeah, I just had a thought!

I cannot seem to get the installer to run. The problem is the phone won't stayed connected as an installer. I don't even have the option to connect as installer. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The OTA is available now, have you tried to see if you can get it that way?