Any help upgrading my G2 is appreciated.

mike770

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I have tried everything and cannot get this thing updated. I get the same results as other people. The only way I get the upgrade assistant to even attempt to search for an update is to switch the USB mode to Internet then ethernet. Then the status will cycle 3 times then nothing. Any help is appreciated

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

anon(473434)

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps trying another computer may do something?
Only problem I had was it telling me I needed to install the LG modem, but unplugging and plugging the phone back in fixed that.
Hope you have better luck.
The process took me about an hour from start to finish.

AZDroid

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
We're in the same boat. I've tried different computers running different versions of Windows, updating drivers, removing and re-adding device, different usb modes, enabled all disabled Verizon apps, restarted phone and computers multiple times. No matter what, never gets past checking device info. Frustrating!

mike770

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if a factory reset would do the trick. I would rather not. I think may just have to wait for the OTA.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

AZDroid

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset sounds like a terrible idea haha. I hate the process of starting fresh unless my phone has been behaving badly. If it takes too long for the OTA to be released I may try that, but it would be a last resort.