4.4.2 OTA update deleted all email accounts

jawcaw

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Just loaded OTA update and upon checking email received a message about some failure. This ended up deleting all 7 of my email accounts that were present up to this time. Ended up having to re-add all accounts. I hope this is my only glitch....

Posted via Android Central App

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
If you're talking about the stock email app, yeah it deleted mine, too. Although I only had a single exchange account, so much less of a pain. Gmail app was unaffected.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

jawcaw

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Also have noticed that my status line has lost the blue contrast colors that use to show activity. All icons are white on white or have a light gray contrast. Looks different on lock screen so it may have something to do with the background colors but I cannot figure out any option to modify this. Makes it difficult to view.

Posted via Android Central App

Ace4

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Also have noticed that my status line has lost the blue contrast colors that use to show activity. All icons are white on white or have a light gray contrast. Looks different on lock screen so it may have something to do with the background colors but I cannot figure out any option to modify this. Makes it difficult to view.
Kitkat did away with the blue status bar icons, they are always white now.