Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Default Ever since Kit Kat..

Ever since I updated my G2 to Kit Kat it takes forever to send a message out, it never did that on the previous version. I've done a full reset once and I have to restart my phone a couple times a day in order to get my stock messaging app to send out texts. What gives...?

Posted via Android Central App
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Default Re: Ever since Kit Kat..

Quote Originally Posted by 303kush View Post
    Ever since I updated my G2 to Kit Kat it takes forever to send a message out
    "Forever" is about as vague as you can get.
    So does the message get sent or doesn't it?
    If it does, how long does it take?

it never did that on the previous version.
    What version was that?

I've done a full reset once and I have to restart my phone a couple times a day in order to get my stock messaging app to send out texts. What gives...?
    Is 'Mobile Data' enabled on that phone?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vsweety View Post
    "Forever" is about as vague as you can get.
    So does the message get sent or doesn't it?
    If it does, how long does it take?

What version was that?

Is 'Mobile Data' enabled on that phone?
    I'm guessing it was on 4.2.2 and it takes up to 5min or doesn't send at all. And no mobile data is not cause it isn't needed to send a sms message.

Are you using the stock messaging app or are you using something different? I haven't had any issues like you describe with the stock messaging app.
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,226 Global Posts

i've been using Hangouts since i got my phone, after the update, no issues with text or MMS
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dcleveng View Post
    Are you using the stock messaging app or are you using something different? I haven't had any issues like you describe with the stock messaging app.
    Yes I'm on stock messaging app. I wonder if it's my SIM card? But it's never done this before the update

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts

It's probably something with the update. That's how mine was prior to the update sometimes. Thankfully, the update has made the stock messaging app super fast.

Maybe try tot back to 11 and then reinstall kk ota.

Not like we don't have that option. I mean, if it's a glitch with the software, no matter how many resets I don't think it will resolve, because you're just resetting the glitch. If that makes sense.

I have an issue with the update. The option in call features on JB said Power BUTTON Ends Call. In KK it is supposed to say Power KEY Ends Call. I noticed that no matter if I toggled that option on or off that the power button ends the call. I called VZW who 3-way called LG. LG said it was VZW responsibility since VZW signed off on the update. LG wants to charge shipping to and from repair while VZW wants to send a replacement. This is after diagnostics and resets have already been done. One rep's supervisor has the LG with the same problem. Several others did not have the issue, or were unaware to it as of yet. If enough problems were reported of the same nature, LG would issue an update to fix bugs, but would still have to go through testing and then to VZW for testing, and that might be quite some time if at all. I am holding off on returning it, hoping something fixes itself. Otherwise I might still be stuck in a loop of return, replace, update, errors, repeat.