LG G2 WiFi problems STILL persisting after update!!

InboundPotato

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I posted about three weeks ago about my peculiar WiFi problem with my G2 where it would shut off and snap right back on seconds later....CONSTANTLY. I found a workaround that actually worked, by turning airplane mode on and WiFi on at the same time, but it was bittersweet because the WiFi worked, but I couldn't send/receive messages or generally use my data at all.

Someone commented that the new update would most likely fix this, but sadly, it's still persisting. I'd say even more than before!!!

I've been contemplating a factory reset, but I want to know first if that would truly cure this problem.

I'm at a complete loss here. Someone please help me!

(Also, on a completely separate note, is there any way to run the android OS that runs on Samsung galaxy phones? I love that OS wayyyy more than KitKat) thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

somenothingness

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
First, I really recommend getting together with Verizon for a replacement. Second, Samsung uses a user interface or graphical overlay named TouchWiz. LG doesn't really have a name for theirs but KitKat is the operating system. Samsung uses KitKat as well. There is no way to run TouchWiz on a non-Samsung phone. Best you can do is root and ROM, but I'd recommend a replacement first and foremost.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I posted about three weeks ago about my peculiar WiFi problem with my G2 where it would shut off and snap right back on seconds later....CONSTANTLY. I found a workaround that actually worked, by turning airplane mode on and WiFi on at the same time, but it was bittersweet because the WiFi worked, but I couldn't send/receive messages or generally use my data at all.

Someone commented that the new update would most likely fix this, but sadly, it's still persisting. I'd say even more than before!!!

I've been contemplating a factory reset, but I want to know first if that would truly cure this problem.

I'm at a complete loss here. Someone please help me!

(Also, on a completely separate note, is there any way to run the android OS that runs on Samsung galaxy phones? I love that OS wayyyy more than KitKat) thanks.

Posted via Android Central App
Have you done a FDR? I would do one and not restore any apps, accounts, or any settings and test it, if that is good then it is something you did, if it's not consider a warranty replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX