Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default battery life a bit shorter after kk update

I've noticed my battery draining faster after the update before the update battery life was amazing now just good also noticed doesn't seem to use any more RAM however the battery percentage is higher before the percentage never went above 12 Percent even during heavy use however now I've noticed it as high as 25 percent During light usE. idle time percentages werE. About 3 percent now
    anywhere from 7 to 10
    hopefully will return to amazing someday
    K

Default Re: battery life a bit shorter after kk update

Normally I don't notice things like this, normally I think its in peoples heads. Right now, I can't think that cause for some reason I notice this.

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts

Battery definitely dies quicker.

Try a factory data reset. Usually helps after OS update.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

I agree battery life on KK is less than on Jellybean. Immediately after taking the OTA, I did a full factory reset and disabled all the verizon bloatware I could. on Jellybean I would end my day about 68-75% battery left, now I am somewhere around 45-50% end of day with the exact same setup as before.

I mentioned this in another post, probably off topic there, but here it fits: make sure Google Location Services is off. For me before KK, I could leave it on and see no real difference; but since the update, leaving it on drained my battery way faster than turning it off. With it off, my battery life is much better than before the update--like 33% better at least.

Wife and I both have the LG G2 and battery life has dropped significantly for the both of us. Normally she gets home from work with 60 percent left and this week she's been under 30% both times.

Before KK I could leave my phone unplugged overnight and only lose 2-3 percent of my battery. Left it unplugged last night and dropped 31 %.

This is awful

Quote Originally Posted by jlukes View Post
    Wife and I both have the LG G2 and battery life has dropped significantly for the both of us. Normally she gets home from work with 60 percent left and this week she's been under 30% both times.

Before KK I could leave my phone unplugged overnight and only lose 2-3 percent of my battery. Left it unplugged last night and dropped 31 %.

This is awful
    I'm sure you tried this already but do a restart on the devices and hopefully that will help. I delayed the KK update because of what I heard around Batt life but ended upgrading anyway. My battery is sipping power even with me hammering away on the device. I found standby to be much improved. Good luck.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

I have also noticed, before kitkat I couldnt end the day below 30-40% if I tried, now I'm getting low battery warnings by the end of the night. Going into battery stats I noticed that Bluetooth is using ~4% of my battery, even though it is always OFF and never used, any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishing96 View Post
    I have also noticed, before kitkat I couldnt end the day below 30-40% if I tried, now I'm getting low battery warnings by the end of the night. Going into battery stats I noticed that Bluetooth is using ~4% of my battery, even though it is always OFF and never used, any ideas?
    The Bluetooth reading seems to be a glitch. Mine shows it too, even though I haven't turned it on. I've noticed it always reads 3 or 4 percent, no matter how long since last charge.

Posted via Android Central App