Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help bought rooted phone!

Hey guys I bought a rooted LG G2. Everything was working fine until I accepted the most recent update to it. Now its stuck in what i believe is called recovery mode. It says PhilZ Touch 6. 25. 4 Clockworkmod v6. 0 . 7 with a purple background with multiple options. Whenever I reboot the phone it goes to the LG symbol and then comes back to this screen. Im stuck without a phone, so if someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I know nothing about this stuff, and all the research is kind of confusing.

Default Re: Help bought rooted phone!

Trying to apply the OTA update with a non-stock recovery can bork your phone. You will likely need the LGMobile Support Tool to reset you phone to factory settings/software.

http://www.lg.com/us/support/mobile-support

If you want to keep root do what acejavelin suggests if you want the stock original setup use the LG Tool.
    Last edited by zedorda; 04-24-2014 at 04:54 PM.

Global Posts
    1,150 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Default Re: Help bought rooted phone!

Quote Originally Posted by JTheriault91 View Post
    Hey guys I bought a rooted LG G2. Everything was working fine until I accepted the most recent update to it. Now its stuck in what i believe is called recovery mode. It says PhilZ Touch 6. 25. 4 Clockworkmod v6. 0 . 7 with a purple background with multiple options. Whenever I reboot the phone it goes to the LG symbol and then comes back to this screen. Im stuck without a phone, so if someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I know nothing about this stuff, and all the research is kind of confusing.
    I would recommend doing this: VERIZON ONLY Revert to stock GUIDE [UPDATED] - xda-developers

But you might get by with this: [FIX] Installed TWRP and now you're stuck after OTA? - xda-developers it is giving an example of TWRP recovery, but the principal should be the same
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Purity ROM with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (AICP 6.0 ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P