Help bought rooted phone!

JTheriault91

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys I bought a rooted LG G2. Everything was working fine until I accepted the most recent update to it. Now its stuck in what i believe is called recovery mode. It says PhilZ Touch 6. 25. 4 Clockworkmod v6. 0 . 7 with a purple background with multiple options. Whenever I reboot the phone it goes to the LG symbol and then comes back to this screen. Im stuck without a phone, so if someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I know nothing about this stuff, and all the research is kind of confusing.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Trying to apply the OTA update with a non-stock recovery can bork your phone. You will likely need the LGMobile Support Tool to reset you phone to factory settings/software.

http://www.lg.com/us/support/mobile-support

If you want to keep root do what acejavelin suggests if you want the stock original setup use the LG Tool.

Last edited:

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I bought a rooted LG G2. Everything was working fine until I accepted the most recent update to it. Now its stuck in what i believe is called recovery mode. It says PhilZ Touch 6. 25. 4 Clockworkmod v6. 0 . 7 with a purple background with multiple options. Whenever I reboot the phone it goes to the LG symbol and then comes back to this screen. Im stuck without a phone, so if someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I know nothing about this stuff, and all the research is kind of confusing.
I would recommend doing this: VERIZON ONLY Revert to stock GUIDE [UPDATED] - xda-developers

But you might get by with this: [FIX] Installed TWRP and now you're stuck after OTA? - xda-developers it is giving an example of TWRP recovery, but the principal should be the same

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota of=/sdcard/fota-backup.img

in that [FIX] post should be

dd if=/dev/block/platform/*/by-name/fota of=/sdcard/fota-backup.img

so it works on any phone. I don't know why people post generic commands with specific directories. (Not all phones keep by-name in msm_sdcc.1. The G2 does, but someone may want to know where a partition is on another phone, and find this post because he knows that he needs a command starting with dd if=)