Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question HELP! Verizon LG G2: KitKat 4.4.2 Killed Bluetooth Voice Dialing

I received the OTA 4.4.2 update earlier this week, and now the bluetooth voice dialer has gone full retarded. If I say "call Susan mobile", it responds, "did you say call Susan work mobile". Of course, I say no, and no matter what combination of words I use it never gives me the correct option. If I answer yes at any of the suggested options, it invariably responds "no entry, try again", because, of course, there is no "work mobile" entry. I never had this problem prior to the update. The only work-around that works is storing the number in a speed dial number and using "speed dial 2" as a voice command, and it will successfully dial that speed dial number. But, of course, I can't put everybody in my contacts list into a speed dial number, and even if I could, I wouldn't be able to remember everyone's speed dial number.

Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know of any solutions? It's maddeningly annoying, especially since I haven't seen any major improvements with the update, making it unnecessary, in my opinion. All it did was break my voice dialing. Help!

Default Re: HELP! Verizon LG G2: KitKat 4.4.2 Killed Bluetooth Voice Dialing

I HATE the updated Voice dial!!!! Wish I didn't update to 4.4.2 They even changed the voice, it used to be a pleasant happy voice and worked EVERY time! now it sound like a short tempered old lady that is snappy and always repeats what I just asked, and usually starts dialing the wrong number even if I sad NO.....this was the way my worthless Droid 4 worked. When I got the G2 I loved it. You would ask 1 time to say Call Wife (or whatever) and would say calling wife mobile. It did not ask me if that is what I asked and it was a nice voice!!! I have not figured out how to get the old voice back or voice dial. I have been searching the web..... let me know if you find anything out!