Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Joseph Coates
  • 1 Post By Joseph Coates
  • 1 Post By AZDroid
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New G2

Picked up my new G2 today. All I can say is what a change. I may have been the last person on earth using a Thunderbolt. I just wish I would have checked for an update before I downloaded all my apps.
    AKFL3TCH3R likes this.

Default Re: New G2

Congrats on the new device. The G2 is a very nice device

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

Global Posts
    22,178 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Congrats on the purchase!!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Congrats on your new LG G2! It is an amazing device.

The G2 is so good, I sold my Iphone 5S to get it.

Global Posts
    6,386 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Congrats!
    How do you like it so far?

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I'm using about 3% battery an hour, it is fast as hell, and it has been a breeze to use. I'm not a widget user and I don't play games. I use it to text, call, and use Stitcher and Pandora in the car. I do use the GPS and browser on occasion. I am not a power user so I am guessing I will get a full days of use per charge. Knock on/off is awesome. It has everything I need in a great design and I'm sure for power users, it is a hell of a device.

I love my G2 also!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

I went from a thunderbolt the g2 and it was an AMAZING upgrade enjoy!

Posted via Android Central App
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I started at 8:30 with a full charge, messed around with it a lot today, did use Stitcher for 45 minutes on the way home plugged into my car charger and right now have 65%. Not too bad. The only thing I would really like is Google Now voice activation like the Moto X.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1mcm View Post
    The G2 is so good, I sold my Iphone 5S to get it.
    Why? Did you not like the iphone 5s?

Quote Originally Posted by peterthorne View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

Why? Did you not like the iphone 5s?
    I really liked the Iphone 5S. It's a great phone, but the G2 has more features. My Verizon G2 has a gorgeous screen, wireless charging, optical image stabilization and widgets plus a long life battery. Maybe the best feature of the phone is the large screen to bezel ratio. It currently sits at #1 with 75% of the face being screen. The Iphone 5S is 60%. The difference between a 4 inch and a 5.2 inch screen is immense.

Global Posts
    6,386 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1mcm View Post
    I really liked the Iphone 5S. It's a great phone, but the G2 has more features. My Verizon G2 has a gorgeous screen, wireless charging, optical image stabilization and widgets plus a long life battery. Maybe the best feature of the phone is the large screen to bezel ratio. It currently sits at #1 with 75% of the face being screen. The Iphone 5S is 60%. The difference between a 4 inch and a 5.2 inch screen is immense.
    You got that right! 👍☺

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Coates View Post
    Picked up my new G2 today. All I can say is what a change. I may have been the last person on earth using a Thunderbolt. I just wish I would have checked for an update before I downloaded all my apps.
    My dad still uses the Thunderbolt. He loves it. I don't know how. The Bionic was better than that.
    Proud owner of: Black LG G3 & White LG G2
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, and Droid Turbo (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

The Thunderbolt was good until it went to ICS. Once that happened, no matter what I did, it was junk. Battery life always sucked.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Hour 28 of normal use and I have 40% battery left. Crazy.
    ffejjj likes this.

I got the G2 in early January, love it! My son was using a Thunderbolt until February when he switched to the Moto X. He didn't want something as big as the G2, but he wishes he could get the battery life the G2 gets!

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app
    Joseph Coates likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZDroid View Post
    I got the G2 in early January, love it! My son was using a Thunderbolt until February when he switched to the Moto X. He didn't want something as big as the G2, but he wishes he could get the battery life the G2 gets!

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app
    Sadly I've moved away from Moto as they've been unable to keep up with the ever changing market. They still make the best radios, but the lag is just too much for me.
    Proud owner of: Black LG G3 & White LG G2
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, and Droid Turbo (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)

Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    Sadly I've moved away from Moto as they've been unable to keep up with the ever changing market. They still make the best radios, but the lag is just too much for me.
    He says it's nice and fast, of course compared to the laggy mess his Thunderbolt had become just about anything new would be better. He's still away at university so I haven't had a chance to compare it to my G2. He'll be home soon though and I'm looking forward to checking it out.