Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG g2 not charging with original charger

Occasionally since the KK update, when plugged in to the original charger, I get an error saying that charging has been stopped and I need to plug in my phone to the original charger. Typically I can unplug then replug in the charger and after a time or two it would realize it's the original charger and charge like normal. Now it is completely refusing to charge with the original charger. Any ideas what is wrong/what I can do? I had been excited about the KK update but it's been more trouble than its worth in some cases

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: LG g2 not charging with original charger

You could try turning the phone off, then on again. Check that the microusb connection is clean. Good luck. If everything else fails, try a factory data reset.

Make sure you're using both the original charger and the original charging cable.

Global Posts
    1,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    SimpleAOSP & Hells-Core

Actually, I would try a different USB cable and/or charger... this sounds like a cable issue. I have charged my G2 from lots of sources, HTC/Motorola/Samsung chargers, third party chargers, computers, servers, etc. and have seen an "incompatibility" error.
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on AT&T (SimpleAOSP/hells-Core Kernel/LTE)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

I wouldn't blame kitkat, definitely think it's a problem with the cable or your charging port. Check for debris in the port, that could be interfering.

I mainly use my original charger, but also occasionally use my Nexus 7 charger, kindle fire charger, an Anker external battery with its own cable, and an Anker car charger all with no errors and fast charging. The only time I ever got any warnings before or after kitkat was with an older car charger with low output that warned of a slow charge.