Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default G2 to G3?

I really like the form of the G2 with the great display in a minimum bezel form. The G3 looks like it will be fantastic. The quad display will really pop. I hope they can squeeze the 5.5 inch screen into the same or slightly larger form as the G2. They probably HAD to increase the screen size to accommodate the slightly larger battery needed for the QHD display. My wallet will be open as soon as the G3 is released.

Default Re: G2 to G3?

right behind you . .

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

I got the G2 on release day. Would really love the G3. I'm with big red so I would have to switch to t mobile so they would pay my ETF. I live about 45 miles outside of Detroit. Kinda rural /lakes region. Am worried about t mobile 4g coverage in my area. If coverage was good I'd get the G3. Really like my g2, but that g3 sure does seem like it'll be sweet.

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffk23 View Post
    I got the G2 on release day. Would really love the G3. I'm with big red so I would have to switch to t mobile so they would pay my ETF. I live about 45 miles outside of Detroit. Kinda rural /lakes region. Am worried about t mobile 4g coverage in my area. If coverage was good I'd get the G3. Really like my g2, but that g3 sure does seem like it'll be sweet.

Switching from Big Red to TMo just for a phone will not be worth it. You have options. You can add another line on Verizon and put the G3 on it. Verizon also has an Edge plan where you can upgrade frequently. My opinion, stay with Big Red and figure out another way to get the G3. Good luck. Post results.

Since I like the form factor of my G2, I rooted my G2 and installed the cloudy G3 rom...looks and behaves to me like the G3...although I can"t send picture messages I can only receive them, it's strange though because when I make Verizon messages my default messages app I can send and receive picture messages...searching for a fix

Quote Originally Posted by tjefferson3 View Post
    Since I like the form factor of my G2, I rooted my G2 and installed the cloudy G3 rom...looks and behaves to me like the G3...although I can"t send picture messages I can only receive them, it's strange though because when I make Verizon messages my default messages app I can send and receive picture messages...searching for a fix

I have Hangouts handling my SMS and MMS and I can send and receive picture messages. Maybe give that a try!

Thanked by:

Thanks for the suggestion, I will give that a try!

Thanked by:

Thanks for the suggestion, I will give that a try!

Be sure to let us know how it turns out!

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

I am using Hangouts...I love the interface, I like the way I can use a different tone for each contact after I receive a text from them...I am able to send MMS but it is hit or miss on receiving them...I'm not sure why I'm receiving some MMS and not receiving others...

I am using Hangouts...I love the interface, I like the way I can use a different tone for each contact after I receive a text from them...I am able to send MMS but it is hit or miss on receiving them...I'm not sure why I'm receiving some MMS and not receiving others...
    Hmmm... Are these messages from iPhone users by chance?

Have you tried resetting your APN settings?
    Thanked by:

I had the same problem and was suggested an app called Chomp that works very well, now if i could figure out how to screenshot

Just pre-ordered my G3! Giving my G2 to my teenager

I could not pass up on the 50% off G3. Couldn't do it. Had to get it. Not that there's anything wrong with either of my G2's, I just can't wait to see how much better they can make it. If the G3 is better than the G2, I'll be done buying phones for a while.
    Proud owner of: Black LG G3 & White LG G2
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, and Droid Turbo (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)

No I haven't tried that. I did flash another ROM the Optimus ROM. I just prefer using the stock messaging for SMS and MMS. I am able to send and receive MMS with this ROM using the stock app, but I've noticed that iPhone users don't receive MMS that I send. How do I reset APN settings?

Quote Originally Posted by simon_lefisch View Post
    Have you tried resetting your APN settings?

I keep going back to an AOSP Rom but I always come back to a G3 because I'm really digging some of the new bells and whistles

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk