Foxfi is supposedly working now

razr maxximus

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Showed up on my update list. I was very excited after sorting the reviews by "latest version only" and "from this devise only" (G2). I have updated, reset the phone and I can't get it to work.
Anyone else out there have any luck?
By the way, I've tried it both with a PIN lock and pattern lock. I used it on my previous Droid Razr Maxx and it worked great. Very sad that I haven't been successful in getting it to work on this phone....yet!

jlmorris

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
FoxFi is only working for me in Bluetooth or USB tether mode with PdaNet (using it right now with my laptop). When I try to use it as a WiFi Access Point, I get the VZW pop up saying I have to subscribe to their tethering plan.

1999sel

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I received the firmware updated (VS98025B) last week. I tried Foxfi today and the WiFi mode works!!! My phone is stock, never rooted.

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
It looks like when I start FoxFi it asks to install something and open a VPN briefly. When it does that the Wifi hotspot does start up, but I notice it shows my "Verizon" Mobile Hotspot says its open and shows a notification in the background. Is this normal? This looks like Verizon would be charging me.

1999sel

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
This is from Android Playstore under Foxfi:

4. When WiFi hotspot is activated you may also see a hotspot notification of the built-in WiFi hotspot feature. Please ignore it. As long as you do not sign up for a tether plan you won't be charged.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
So any of us on the UDP still fairly comfortable that this isn't going to get Verizon charging us for tethering?

Yes, I was paying the $30 because I use the hotspot about 5 days a week and needed it. Since I saw this last week I cancelled it with Verizon and downloaded the app. Been working fine every since without being charged. In fact was so use to turning it on through Verizon I have tried to do that twice since and get the pop up saying I'm joy paying for it would I like to add it.

ricks

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
How can I remove the lock screen? I was able to lose it with the razr maxx. There has to be a way to do this.

razr maxximus

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I had to go into security, then at the bottom hit 'clear credentials'.
Took me a while to figure it out and it was driving me nuts last time. Hope that helps.