Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Foxfi is supposedly working now

Showed up on my update list. I was very excited after sorting the reviews by "latest version only" and "from this devise only" (G2). I have updated, reset the phone and I can't get it to work.
    Anyone else out there have any luck?
    By the way, I've tried it both with a PIN lock and pattern lock. I used it on my previous Droid Razr Maxx and it worked great. Very sad that I haven't been successful in getting it to work on this phone....yet!

Default Re: Foxfi is supposedly working now

Also not working for me. Some reviewers on the Play store seem to be having success. No idea what's up.

It only is working on Samsung devices at the moment if they are running kitkat...

Sent from my G2 using Tapatalk

FoxFi is only working for me in Bluetooth or USB tether mode with PdaNet (using it right now with my laptop). When I try to use it as a WiFi Access Point, I get the VZW pop up saying I have to subscribe to their tethering plan.

I received the firmware updated (VS98025B) last week. I tried Foxfi today and the WiFi mode works!!! My phone is stock, never rooted.
    Thanked by:

It looks like when I start FoxFi it asks to install something and open a VPN briefly. When it does that the Wifi hotspot does start up, but I notice it shows my "Verizon" Mobile Hotspot says its open and shows a notification in the background. Is this normal? This looks like Verizon would be charging me.

This is from Android Playstore under Foxfi:

4. When WiFi hotspot is activated you may also see a hotspot notification of the built-in WiFi hotspot feature. Please ignore it. As long as you do not sign up for a tether plan you won't be charged.

tried it and it seems to work now, but it says i need to use a VPN connection or something. are you guys seeing that too?

Yes. We need to grant the VPN access. They mentioned it at their Google Playstore app description.

So any of us on the UDP still fairly comfortable that this isn't going to get Verizon charging us for tethering?

mine seems to be working now after OTA update. Awesomsauce! Once I get home I'll see if my tablet will connect to the hotspot.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by moongdss74 View Post
    mine seems to be working now after OTA update. Awesomsauce! Once I get home I'll see if my tablet will connect to the hotspot.
    Yea, mine does too! I've missed it the past 8 months!

Quote Originally Posted by Bwangster12 View Post
    So any of us on the UDP still fairly comfortable that this isn't going to get Verizon charging us for tethering?
    Yes, I was paying the $30 because I use the hotspot about 5 days a week and needed it. Since I saw this last week I cancelled it with Verizon and downloaded the app. Been working fine every since without being charged. In fact was so use to turning it on through Verizon I have tried to do that twice since and get the pop up saying I'm joy paying for it would I like to add it.

This is great! So happy this works now on the G2

How can I remove the lock screen? I was able to lose it with the razr maxx. There has to be a way to do this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I had to go into security, then at the bottom hit 'clear credentials'.
    Took me a while to figure it out and it was driving me nuts last time. Hope that helps.
    Thanked by:
    ricks