Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default verizon lg g2 unlock

I have lg g2 on a verizon netowrk anf I need to get it unlocked after factory reset. Is it possible I would love to know how to save this device

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: verizon lg g2 unlock

What "lock" are you talking about? All VZW LTE devices are factory unlocked.

Global Posts
    1,139 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Default Re: verizon lg g2 unlock

Quote Originally Posted by Vaknin Shay View Post
    I have lg g2 on a verizon netowrk anf I need to get it unlocked after factory reset. Is it possible I would love to know how to save this device

Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by wiesky View Post
    What "lock" are you talking about? All VZW LTE devices are factory unlocked.
    True, all Verizon phones are unlocked, but in order to use a clean (factory defaulted) Verizon LG G2 on another carrier, you have to bypass the Verizon setup app, not a straight forward thing, but not difficult...

1. Make sure you are the screen where you choose the language.

2. Press these buttons in exact order: Volume up then volume down then back then menu then home.

3. There should be two pop windows warning about leaving setup. Go ahead and click yes for both and confirm.

4. Voila! You just bypass the verizon setup screen!

(From this thread: How To Bypass Verizon Sim Activation Setup Screen - xda-developers)

Once this is done, you should be able to set up the phone on any carrier you wish.

Since the FCC mandated that Verizon cannot "lock" their phones to a specific carrier, this is kind of their answer to make a setup that requires an active Verizon account and service, and then make it not intuitive to bypass.
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Purity ROM with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (AICP 6.0 ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P