Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By scottysize
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Jellybean - Kitkat

I've been denying the update. Don't want any headaches. But, would like a better OS. Ahh, decisions decisions. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Yes update or no don't update? Thanks in advance

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Jellybean - Kitkat

Not a big deal to me. No features that are must have but also caused no issue with my phone or apps. Prefer the blue status icons but again, no big deal.

I didn't see a difference, but I performed a FDR after the update, which I highly recommend. If everyone would perform an FDR after a major update like this, they'd have less problems to report.
    Proud owner of: Droid Turbo Ballistic Nylon 64GB & White LG G2
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, M8, White LG G3, and iPhone 6
    somenothingness likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

If I do an FDR, do I lose the progress in the games on the phone?

It depends on the game. If it's cloud based, then no you wouldn't lose progress. A FDR will reset any data on the phone that isn't saved in the cloud or backed-up.

I didn't have an issues with the update. I'm kind of indifferent about the update I guess, it's not like the update makes it some amazing new phone. It looks mostly the same, few changes most of them transparent to the end user. It runs fine, but then again I think it ran fine before.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Agreed. It's a great phone with JB. That's why I'm hesitant to install KK. I have absolutely no complaints about the phone right now. If nothing noticeable has changed, then why f**k with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffk23 View Post
    Agreed. It's a great phone with JB. That's why I'm hesitant to install KK. I have absolutely no complaints about the phone right now. If nothing noticeable has changed, then why f**k with it

KitKat brings performance improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffk23 View Post
    I've been denying the update. Don't want any headaches. But, would like a better OS. Ahh, decisions decisions. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Yes update or no don't update? Thanks in advance

The buttons will go bye bye for some games giving you that full screen which is sooo much better, also happens for reading comics. I've only had one problem with the update it happened kind of randomly like 2 days after I updated my battery started to drain like crazy it was going down like 1% per minute so had to do a factory reset after that phone is back to running like a champ! All upsides no downside to update after reset.(that ive noticed)
    Thanked by:

Screw kitkat! Don't install! I have done FDR's three times and my dialer forces closed after some calls, my power button ends a call whether it's checked or not, my phone is at 25% at the end of the day rather than the phone lasting me two days like before. The only thing good about it is the white status bar icons!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I did factory reset after kk update and haven't had any issues at all. phone works great. some of the changes in kk are welcomed but others I wish I could undo or have the ability to change.

Sent from Tapatalk using my xposed VZW G2
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

So far, I think I will keep denying the update. It asks me about four times a day, a minor inconvenience compared to some of the headaches that I've seen on this post and in the forums.

i had to sent my phone back for a warranty replacement, after the update knock on stopped working, some part of the screens also stop responding to touches. I did a FDR but that didn't help, I wish that it wouldn't force you(through annoying notices) to update. Jelly Bean was working great with my phone, too bad I didn't stay with with.

Global Posts
    1,162 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Quote Originally Posted by rackumrack View Post
    Screw kitkat! Don't install! I have done FDR's three times and my dialer forces closed after some calls, my power button ends a call whether it's checked or not, my phone is at 25% at the end of the day rather than the phone lasting me two days like before. The only thing good about it is the white status bar icons!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    You are unique here... most people do not have any issues, some do though, anytime a change occurs there is potential for things to go wrong no matter how many precautions are taken, but the percentage is actually very small. It sounds like your update had a problem for whatever reason... you should consider a replacement or manually flash back to JB and then take the OTA again before you make any changes or customization.
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Purity ROM with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

Had enough went back to Jellybean with a tot file and my g2 is working flawlessly!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

rackumrack I'm thinking of doing the same thing if this battery issue persists, I'm giving it a week.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I'm still denying update.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex_Norseman View Post
    rackumrack I'm thinking of doing the same thing if this battery issue persists, I'm giving it a week.
    Yeah I have no idea what it is with my device and KitKat. It has to be an app that is causing my issues in the end but even with just stock apps installed my power button continues to end calls whether I'm using it as a speaker phone or regular. I am just constantly harassed now to take the KitKat update since going back to jellybean.

"Live for something rather than dying for nothing" General George S. Patton

Rack are you rooted? If so you can freeze it with Titanium Backup. I think the process is called" software update" or some such nonsense. I did it before when I loaded the custom recovery TWRP. And them BAM, no more notifications to update.

Second process down, system updateJellybean - Kitkat-uploadfromtaptalk1400966024670.jpg