Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problem with Google Navigation.

OK folks, first problem I'm havin and I'm assuming there is a fix. If I have my Bluetooth on and listening to Pandora, I cannot get the voice command to work while on Navigation through Google Maps. If I turn the Bluetooth off, the voice Navigation will come out of the phone. I want to be able to do both. Any suggestions?

Global Posts
    1,228 Global Posts
    ROM
    SimpleAOSP & Hells-Core

Default Re: Problem with Google Navigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Coates View Post
    OK folks, first problem I'm havin and I'm assuming there is a fix. If I have my Bluetooth on and listening to Pandora, I cannot get the voice command to work while on Navigation through Google Maps. If I turn the Bluetooth off, the voice Navigation will come out of the phone. I want to be able to do both. Any suggestions?
    Actually, this kinda depends on your BT device... some will pair all possible profiles, others only what they need... Go into Settings->Bluetooth and find your paired device and the select he Settings icon next to it, different devices will have different options but look at turning on and off different profiles, the Navigation will use Media audio to send the instructions through BT, but I think if you turn off Phone Audio you can use the mic on the phone.

Just remember this is somewhat device dependent, it all depends on your Bluetooth device in your car.
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on AT&T (SimpleAOSP/hells-Core Kernel/LTE)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

Default Re: Problem with Google Navigation.

I've also noticed this since kk update. if I'm steaming music over bt Navigation will pause music to speak navigation directions, but nothing is heard. this worked fine on 4.2.2.

Sent from Tapatalk using my xposed VZW G2