Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default RAM question post KK update

So I have always kept an eye on RAM usage and the such mostly for my curiosity. This phone used to run with about 900-700mb free before updating and now I have like... 200-300mb free? And I feel like my phone stutters now since then.

Is this something that is normal (the RAM usage not the stuttering) or should I be concerned because the stuttering is starting to be more noticeable

Default Re: RAM question post KK update

Same here. Things are slowing down.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

~700mb free as I write this and the phone has been on for days...lots and lots of stuff opened/closed/done without reboot. Performance is on par w/4.2, perhaps slightly better.

Maybe you've got an app that doesn't play nice w/KK?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I haven't added anything since the update so you may be right but without installing one by one is there a way to figure that out?

I also have increased RAM usage. also noticed my battery percentage usage also increased after update
    battery seems to drain faster. phone seems just a little sluggish
    Thanked by:

I have about the same or ram or more so not sure whats going on here.

I've also seen the same thing with RAM usage (~700 free before, ~200-300 free after). Also, some apps have force closed on me which never happened before, and it feels a little more sluggish. Any apps that should be disabled, or other suggestions?

A few people mentioned the battery draining faster, but I've experienced the opposite - it either seems the same or drains slower. So I'm happy in that regard.