Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Firmware Update Has My LGg2 Frozen

So I installed some system update that they sent me last night. When I restarted my phone this morning, it just says "Firmware Update: DO NOT UNPLUG the USB connection until the process is complete." When that screen showed up, my phone wasn't even connected to anything. So, I plugged it in via USB to my Mac, and the screen hasn't changed at all. The meter on the screen still shows 0% of the process is complete. Do I have to plug it in to a PC in order to finish the update?
    Frank Burns1 likes this.

Default Re: Firmware Update Has My LGg2 Frozen

you need to go to a repair for this to work. the update is corrupted.

My LG G2 has done the same did you manage to sort the problem out oor did you have to take yours to a shop for repair? Thanks

Has anyone been able to figure this out??? My LG G2 is just stuck on the firmware update screen, and you cant do anything? How do you fix this?

same with my nexus 5 . Just tried it with my phone - turned off, then connected USB cable/wall charger while holding vol up and sure enough it went into download mode. I unplugged the cable, then held the power button until the phone restarted. Booted as normal.

same thing with mine can you help me

Press and hold the power button till the LG symbol appears, phone will restart.

Thank you my lg l70 works now

Post Re: Firmware Update Has My Nexus LG

What is the cause of this problem? I phone is frozen.

Default Re: Firmware Update Has My Nexus LG

Quote Originally Posted by bridgette64 View Post
    What is the cause of this problem? I phone is frozen.

Just simply take ur battery out

Quote Originally Posted by khadir waajid View Post
    Just simply take ur battery out
    Ha ha very funny.... lg g2 battery is integrated

did you solved the problem ? ı have same and ı cant do anythıng :/

I had got an update from PC suite and then 65% through it decided to stop so now my phone is stuck in firmware update mode and i cannot do anything. Someone help because getting to repair may not work. Btw i am not rooted

Mine did the same. I used LG mobile suport tool to update and it worked. Maybe it will work for you too.

Red face Re: Firmware Update Has My LGg2 Frozen

thank you I held the power button down for about a minute and it came back on till the lg came across..

What happened ?I have the same problem with you...what did you do?plz help me :/

Quote Originally Posted by Arnav Jain1 View Post
    I had got an update from PC suite and then 65% through it decided to stop so now my phone is stuck in firmware update mode and i cannot do anything. Someone help because getting to repair may not work. Btw i am not rooted
    What did you do?
    sheila hersey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Markella Sr View Post
    What did you do?
    same problem, I was at 49% , does anyone have a solution yet??

Guys! I had the exact same problem today. My solution was to keep pressing the "try again" button every time the error appeared on my computer screen. It took some time but the error was appearing at different levels each time in this order : 45% 57% 65% 80% and next the instalation was completed. If it doesn't work try switching to another computer if you can. After the firmware update hits 100% your phone will restart and the LG logo will appear(the led changes its color during this process). At this point you have to just wait a while. Then a dialog box will appear saying that the applications on your phone are configuring themselves. After that your phone will start and work normaly. The cause of the error is the lack of memory on your phone. If those idiots working for LG would say "YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH STORING SPACE" this stuff would not happen.
    The phone is not rooted!(IMPORTANT)
    Phone name: LG G2
    Phone model: D802
    Old software: 4.4.2 (KitKat)
    Actual software: 5.0.2 (Lollipop)
    I hope this hellped you solving the problem.

I am getting the same firmware update screen, just unplug your phone and remove your battery. Plug your charger cable into one end of the phone, then the other end into the power source. If that doesn't change anything, reverse it, plug the power source in first. My LG screen reports the phone as #unrooted but when I think of the different brands I've bought, if you think about it, most are #rooted before they start production?

hi.

i have the same problem, but my PC doesnt recognize my phone as a USB device so i can´t flash my phone.

i really don´t know what to do.

can anyone give me some help.??

Btw i have a LG G3

thank you all

(sorry for my english...)

Thank you Keith!!!!!!

Claudiu Cocan was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudiu Cocan View Post
    Guys! I had the exact same problem today. My solution was to keep pressing the "try again" button every time the error appeared on my computer screen. It took some time but the error was appearing at different levels each time in this order : 45% 57% 65% 80% and next the instalation was completed. If it doesn't work try switching to another computer if you can. After the firmware update hits 100% your phone will restart and the LG logo will appear(the led changes its color during this process). At this point you have to just wait a while. Then a dialog box will appear saying that the applications on your phone are configuring themselves. After that your phone will start and work normaly. The cause of the error is the lack of memory on your phone. If those idiots working for LG would say "YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH STORING SPACE" this stuff would not happen.
    The phone is not rooted!(IMPORTANT)
    Phone name: LG G2
    Phone model: D802
    Old software: 4.4.2 (KitKat)
    Actual software: 5.0.2 (Lollipop)
    I hope this hellped you solving the problem.
    yup this is helps, it took a 2-3 hours but it worked.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast