Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G2 Car Charger - What Can I Count On?

New here, but just got two G2 (Verizon) phones for wife and I. Read much here about battery chargers and charging rate. I need two car chargers (one for each car) that I can count on to deliver a full fast charge to the phones. The Verizon version is probably fine, but costly, especially when I need two each. Any other car chargers that are known and proven to provide a fast charge to this phone?

Thank you.

Phil

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts

Default Re: LG G2 Car Charger - What Can I Count On?

I have gone through a lot of chargers and the G2 is very sensitive to the amount of current put out by any charger (car or home). The OEM charger that comes with the G2 is excellent as it uses the quick charge capability of the Snapdragon 800 (45 minutes to full charge). For the car I finally found the Verizon car charger (with one cord and an extra USB port) to be the best. Try to find one on sale will be your best bet.

Buy the Verizon charger @trivor mentioned from Amazon. I bought two and they work well.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Are you referring to this charger? Vehicle Charger with Dual Output - Verizon Wireless Verizon says it does NOT work with G2. It has a 3.4 amp output. I also do not know if the light at the cable end will fit into the plug with a case on the phone.

There is this one, but Verizon says this one too does not work with the G2. It is 2.4 amp.
    Verizon Wireless Premium 2.1-Amp Vehicle Charger w/9' Lightning data cable - Verizon Wireless

This is the only charger from Verizon that I can find that does work (according to Verizon), but according to the information, it requires the use of the cable from the charger that came with the phone.
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/acces...hicle-charger/

I think you guys might be referring to this charger.
    Amazon.com: Rapid Dual Car Charger with Micro USB - For Samsung Galaxy S3 S4 Note2 Note3 - Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Moto X, LG G2, HTC ONE, DNA (Car Charger): Cell Phones & Accessories

I would like to know just which Verizon car charger you are both referring to. I see three at Verizon, so far, and the one at Amazon.

Thanks.

Phil

Verizon Dual USB Vehicle Charger - Verizon Wireless

Here's a screen shot of the One I got.
    Thanked by:
    th3b3 

Global Posts
    1,020 Global Posts
    ROM
    Beanstalk with Hells-Core

Quote Originally Posted by Phil3 View Post
    Are you referring to this charger? Vehicle Charger with Dual Output - Verizon Wireless Verizon says it does NOT work with G2. It has a 3.4 amp output. I also do not know if the light at the cable end will fit into the plug with a case on the phone.

There is this one, but Verizon says this one too does not work with the G2. It is 2.4 amp.
    Verizon Wireless Premium 2.1-Amp Vehicle Charger w/9' Lightning data cable - Verizon Wireless

This is the only charger from Verizon that I can find that does work (according to Verizon), but according to the information, it requires the use of the cable from the charger that came with the phone.

I think you guys might be referring to this charger.
    Amazon.com: Rapid Dual Car Charger with Micro USB - For Samsung Galaxy S3 S4 Note2 Note3 - Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, Moto X, LG G2, HTC ONE, DNA (Car Charger): Cell Phones & Accessories

I would like to know just which Verizon car charger you are both referring to. I see three at Verizon, so far, and the one at Amazon.

Thanks.

Phil

I am curious as to WHY Verizon says they won't work.. there is no technical reason any of those should work correctly. Having a charger capable of putting out more current then the device needs is fine, the device will only pull what it needs.

BTW, I have this charger and two of these cables... they charge everything my entire family owns with no issues at all

Amazon.com: PowerGen 4.2Amps / 20W Dual USB Car charger Designed for Apple and Android Devices: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Mediabridge USB 2.0 - Micro-USB to USB Coiled Cable (2.5-6 Feet) - High-Speed A Male to Micro B with Gold-Plated Connectors
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Official Beanstalk)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P

Quote Originally Posted by scottcraft View Post
    Here's a screen shot of the One I got. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/26/any2y3u6.jpg
    I have this as well and confirm it works terrifically. get this. it's an unbranded oem Verizon charger and charges at 1.5+ amps. there's even a bright white led on the end of the cable that turns on whenever the cable is moved. makes finding it and the port on the phone super easy.

Sent from Tapatalk using my xposed VZW G2