Horrible Battery Life ...

anon(43138)

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Screen brightness is all the way down, on WIFI at work the entire day and the battery is just draining. Any suggestions on what to do? At this point thinking of trading my G2 for something else like a Droid Maxx or Moto X because of these recent battery woes.Screenshot_2014-06-17-14-54-30.jpg

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Screen brightness is all the way down, on WIFI at work the entire day and the battery is just draining. Any suggestions on what to do? At this point thinking of trading my G2 for something else like a Droid Maxx or Moto X because of these recent battery woes.View attachment 123879

Must be Verizon. I've always been with AT&T, and the LG G2 has the best battery life while stock, than any other rooted phone that i've ever had. You'll either have to return it, or root it. Good luck.:p

cevmkv

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Looking at your screen shot it is showing your signal at 3 bars of 1x. Is this what your service is normally like? Poor service will kill your battery. Here is a screen shot of mine. I have had light use today but it shows I have a ton of battery left.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 2058.jpg
    2058.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 88

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
1xRTT and even CDMA 3G is rough on the battery, especially when signal is bad. The G2 loves LTE and barely sips battery at all even with moderate signal.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Looking at your screen shot it is showing your signal at 3 bars of 1x. Is this what your service is normally like? Poor service will kill your battery. Here is a screen shot of mine. I have had light use today but it shows I have a ton of battery left.

1xRTT and even CDMA 3G is rough on the battery, especially when signal is bad. The G2 loves LTE and barely sips battery at all even with moderate signal.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Any of the Verizon phones will suck down the juice if you're not on 4G or have a poor signal. Before they added the 4G towers around my house, my Razr Maxx use to suck down the juice on 3G even. I could go maybe a day with it at most, even though everyone else was getting 2 days out of theirs. Now that I've got 4G, none of my VZW phones suck juice. Even the M8 that I hate is still lasting a full day.

max042083

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Ever since the kit Kat update came out, the battery sucks...get this app, Battery Doctor...its helped a little

simon_lefisch

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Screen brightness is all the way down, on WIFI at work the entire day and the battery is just draining. Any suggestions on what to do? At this point thinking of trading my G2 for something else like a Droid Maxx or Moto X because of these recent battery woes.View attachment 123879

Having NFC, GPS, Bluetooth, etc on all the time will also drain battery. If you're rooted, download wake lock detector and see if you have any other wake locks that attributing to your battery drain.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Look into what is syncing under your accounts. Everything is on by default (Google at least) and will drain battery too.

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I always get like 6 SOC. I don't understand what the problem is.. Have you tried a factory reset?

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I've been playing games on mine since 930 it is now 500 and I'm at 30% battery. Furniture sales is s rough life.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

ozpain2

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Same issue...got my G2 in December. I had awesome battery life for 3 months, but then, suddenly, nothing but crap battery. Tried everything: battery doctors, multiple apps to clean out cache and RAM, low screen brightness....I've even tried using airplane mode when I'm not using the device. Forget about using GPS too. Its like a race to turn it off every time I have use it. This morning, my battery dropped more than 20%. In fact here is a pic of some recent activity49411.jpg50820.jpg

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I too have had significant battery loss after the KitKat update. I have performed 2 factory resets; 1st one just did within the Settings=> Reset=> Factory Data Reset. Did not help. 2nd did the alternate method. Before alternate method, I had Verizon send me a new SIM card, turned off restoring my apps, so nothing would automatically come back. Ran without any apps (okay, one...WordFeud..lol). No improvement. In fact, before KitKat, the phone would go to sleep at night at whatever percentage it was, and only go down about 2-3 percentage points by the a.m. After KitKat, I would wake up and phone is dead. Just woke up this morning, dead again. Been using the phone about 15 minutes...down 10%! ! ! Called Verizon for replacement. Sigh. Good luck with me on the replacement. G2 has been my favorite phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon