Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mumfoau
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP i think i killed my phone

I was trying to install cyanogenmod but im still very very new to all this, i was watching and following this video and when i rebooted after installing the rom it stuck at loading the LG logo then vibrating and booting back to the lg screen over and over again

ROM
    paranoidKangdroid

Default Re: HELP i think i killed my phone

You didn't kill your phone, it's just in a boot loop. In recovery, make sure that you wipe /system partition and the /cache partition before flashing CM (Cyanogenmod). You did make a backup before doing anything right?

Sent from my beastly LG G2 using Tapatalk
    Always rooted.

ROM
    paranoidKangdroid

I think you have the basics down, just have to make sure you follow the instructions to the letter. If you are having trouble send me a PM or post back here, I'd be happy to help. I've flashed roms on tons of different phones over the years. It all seems kind of complicated but once you have it down you'll be flashing roms like a pro in no time. Just remember if your phone still turns on it can always be fixed. Don't get too frustrated, even I have trouble sometimes. There are tons of users on this forum like me that are here to help!

Sent from my beastly LG G2 using Tapatalk
    Always rooted.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Esquivel View Post
    I was trying to install cyanogenmod but im still very very new to all this, i was watching and following this video and when i rebooted after installing the rom it stuck at loading the LG logo then vibrating and booting back to the lg screen over and over again
    Well, yes you are correct you have killed your phone ! Well the video looks quite good and I think the problem might be somewhere else! Do one thing try doing the same again and if that doesn't help you head over to the XDA thread and follow the steps they have mentioned. (See more over here). Let me know if that helps you out !

Global Posts
    1,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    SimpleAOSP & Hells-Core

Are you installing the VS980 specific build of CM? If not, you will have issues, Information: LG G2 (Verizon) ("vs980") - CyanogenMod
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on AT&T (SimpleAOSP/hells-Core Kernel/LTE)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I tried it again from that build but it still goes into the boot loop. Im doing this all from the phone since i dont have access to a PC just a chromebook
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Also i rooted using towelroot cause it could root it without needing a pc or anything

I tried it again from that build but it still goes into the boot loop. Im doing this all from the phone since i dont have access to a PC just a chromebook
    What version of android are you on? KK or jb?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

4.4.2 KK

4.4.2 KK
    The official CM nightlies are not made for KK. Even tho they are 4.4, they still run off of 4.2 source code. Install the build from the thread below. It is built off of 4.4 sources.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51570392

Quote Originally Posted by simon_lefisch View Post
    The official CM nightlies are not made for KK. Even tho they are 4.4, they still run off of 4.2 source code. Install the build from the thread below. It is built off of 4.4 sources.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51570392
    So that's why I bootlooped both times I tried to install CM!? Silly me!

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    So that's why I bootlooped both times I tried to install CM!? Silly me!

If you're using the official nightlies from the CM website then yes. The thread I posted earlier is an unofficial CM build based off the 24a update (official KK).

Also, check out the Mahdi ROM thread (under the G2 original android development section). I've been running it for a few months now and have never looked back to go to stock. Its stable and smooth

If you're using the official nightlies from the CM website then yes. The thread I posted earlier is an unofficial CM build based off the 24a update (official KK).

Also, check out the Mahdi ROM thread (under the G2 original android development section). I've been running it for a few months now and have never looked back to go to stock. Its stable and smooth
    Dang it Simon! Lol Now I'll likely end up give that a go! Lol

Dang it Simon! Lol Now I'll likely end up give that a go! Lol

Haha do it! Here, I'll make it easy for you....

Here's the Mahdi thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48954210

Here's the gapps

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=44417509

Make sure to read the OP in Mahdi. Happy flashing

Haha do it! Here, I'll make it easy for you....

Here's the Mahdi thread

[ROM] [4.4.4] [D800/801/802/803/LSVS980/F320] Mahdi-Rom [06/28] - xda-developers

Here's the gapps

[GAPPS][4.4.x] OFFICIAL Up-to-Date PA-GOOGLE APPS (All ROMs) [2014-07-02] - xda-developers

Make sure to read the OP in Mahdi. Happy flashing
    I'm downloading the files now. SMH lol

I'm downloading the files now. SMH lol
    You have a custom recovery installed right? Like TWRP? Meaning you downgraded the bootloader to 12b?

You have a custom recovery installed right? Like TWRP? Meaning you downgraded the bootloader to 12b?
    I do have TWRP installed using AutoRec! Just booted to recovery to flash this. Then I'm done... I'll have Stock 4.4.2, The G3 Rom and Mahdi Nandroids and I'll not look at flashing again. LOL

ffejjj likes this.

Thanks to Simon and the Mahdi ROM recommendation I now essentially have the Verizon "Nexus" I've been wanting!