Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By acejavelin
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unroot and return to stock rom on mac?

Ive tried instaling cyanogenod for days now and nothing works so i wanna just go back to how it originally was so i can upgrade to the G3 next month, but i dont have a pc, can it be done on a mac?

Default Re: Unroot and return to stock rom on mac?

I'm not super sure, but somewhere you could download the stock ROM for your G2, and go to your custom recovery, erase all of your data first, then flash the stock ROM.
    If you made a backup before, erase the current data and restore your backup. No computer needed I don't think. Then afterwards, you could delete the custom recovery from the storage on your phone.
    I hope this helps!
    And always check to make sure you don't have root access just in case you mean to unroot also.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    1,190 Global Posts
    ROM
    Purity with Hells-Core

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Esquivel View Post
    Ive tried instaling cyanogenod for days now and nothing works so i wanna just go back to how it originally was so i can upgrade to the G3 next month, but i dont have a pc, can it be done on a mac?
    Returning to the actual factory images requires a Windows PC, but AKFL3TCH3R's suggest is very doable... Did you not backup your stock ROM before installing CM?
    Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Stock Lollipop with hells-Core Kernel)
    Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Snuzzo's Plain-Andy ROM)
    Current Tablet: iPad 4/Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Other phones "in the family": HTC One (M7), Moto G GPE, LG G2
    Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria/Incredible 2/Rezound/DNA, Samsung Stratosphere, SGS2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
    AKFL3TCH3R likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I rooted using towelroot, somehow lost my camera app, and have been trying to install cyanogenmod, and i did not backup before rooting

I rooted using towelroot, somehow lost my camera app, and have been trying to install cyanogenmod, and i did not backup before rooting
    I used towel root as well! That's why I never used a computer to unroot and return to stock! All phone 😁

Quote Originally Posted by AKFL3TCH3R View Post
    I used towel root as well! That's why I never used a computer to unroot and return to stock! All phone 😁

Towelroot is done completely on the phone? What about needing the drives for the computer?

I ramble...alot, but not rii now cuz u read'n this.....
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by chasenfreedom View Post
    Towelroot is done completely on the phone? What about needing the drives for the computer?

It was literally you hit a button, give it about 2 seconds, and youre rooted

Quote Originally Posted by chasenfreedom View Post

Because I had a backup before I flashed SuperSU so when I erased the other ROM, I restored my stock ROM and deleted everything I downloaded.

Not backing up may be the reason you have to use a computer I guess :/ sorry I wasn't able to help you all the way through.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I got something to work! i managed to install a rom of the LG g3 UI, works pretty good so far

I got something to work! i managed to install a rom of the LG g3 UI, works pretty good so far
    The only problem I had with that ROM was not being able to find the switch for turning the knock-on feature off. They probably updated it since then. Idk. It's a fun ROM, but I'm afraid of having a rooted device on contract haha.