Unroot and return to stock rom on mac?

Joey Esquivel

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Ive tried instaling cyanogenod for days now and nothing works so i wanna just go back to how it originally was so i can upgrade to the G3 next month, but i dont have a pc, can it be done on a mac?

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not super sure, but somewhere you could download the stock ROM for your G2, and go to your custom recovery, erase all of your data first, then flash the stock ROM.
If you made a backup before, erase the current data and restore your backup. No computer needed I don't think. Then afterwards, you could delete the custom recovery from the storage on your phone.
I hope this helps!
And always check to make sure you don't have root access just in case you mean to unroot also.

Posted via Android Central App

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Ive tried instaling cyanogenod for days now and nothing works so i wanna just go back to how it originally was so i can upgrade to the G3 next month, but i dont have a pc, can it be done on a mac?
Returning to the actual factory images requires a Windows PC, but AKFL3TCH3R's suggest is very doable... Did you not backup your stock ROM before installing CM? :-$

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I rooted using towelroot, somehow lost my camera app, and have been trying to install cyanogenmod, and i did not backup before rooting

I used towel root as well! That's why I never used a computer to unroot and return to stock! All phone 😁

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Towelroot is done completely on the phone? What about needing the drives for the computer?

Because I had a backup before I flashed SuperSU so when I erased the other ROM, I restored my stock ROM and deleted everything I downloaded.

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I rooted using towelroot, somehow lost my camera app, and have been trying to install cyanogenmod, and i did not backup before rooting

Not backing up may be the reason you have to use a computer I guess :/ sorry I wasn't able to help you all the way through.

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I got something to work! i managed to install a rom of the LG g3 UI, works pretty good so far

The only problem I had with that ROM was not being able to find the switch for turning the knock-on feature off. They probably updated it since then. Idk. It's a fun ROM, but I'm afraid of having a rooted device on contract haha.