Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool Prompt Voice Notification/Read Out

Hi,
    Does anyone know how to set up with LG G2 where it will read out a text message or email when you prompt it (easily)? I don't want to use Voice Notification as I don't want it read when it comes in, but when I ask/prompt it to.

Does anyone know how to add apps to the Text Link feature? That "might" be a way to do it for messages.

Thank you!

ROM
    Swapping them all out

Default Re: Prompt Voice Notification/Read Out

There used to be an app called Vlingo. It was kind of like Siri before there was a Siri. Vlingo would let you say things like, 'read my last text message' and it would do just that. Or read me my unread messages and it would. Their site hasn't been updated since 2010 which is really a shame, I absolutely loved that app its no longer on the market. I would search for some sort of SMS Text to speech app or maybe even Siri copycats on the playstore. Anything you could give voice commands to in order to read texts.
    Kyocera Strobe> Motorola Razor> Motorola Q> Blackberry Curve> Droid X> Fascinate>iPhone 4>iPhone 4S>iPhone 5>Verizon LG G2 and LOVIN' it.

Default Re: Prompt Voice Notification/Read Out

Nuance acquired Vlingo. They have an app called Dragon Mobile Assistant. You may want to give this a try.