Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery life still not as good on Kit Kat....

I have read all the suggestions, and tried everything to extend battery life(Battery saving mode in GPS, Switching network from global to LTE/CDMA) and still after a month of running KK, battery life is no where as good as JB. I bought wakelock detector today and need some advise on how to use it. I'm stock rooted, and only real changes I have made are running Xposed, with Gravity Box(for full immersive mode) and G2 Tweakbox and G2 Xposed(to hide carrier information on lockscreen, and hide various other things in the UI I don't like). Thanks for the advise in advanced.

Default Re: Battery life still not as good on Kit Kat....

Did you perform an FDR (IE: Factory Data Reset - Reset the phone to stock) after the update? If not, do that, wait 5 days, and call us back if you're still not having a good battery day.
    Proud owner of: Black LG G3 & White LG G2
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, and Droid Turbo (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes I always FDR after a major update

Well. Sorry. Not sure what's going on. I haven't had any problems on 4.4.2 and I've got 2 of these phones. Both last longer than the M8 that I had for a month.
    Proud owner of: Black LG G3 & White LG G2
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, and Droid Turbo (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I noticed that Facebook and Facebook messenger were by biggest two wakelocks, uninstalled messenger, we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex_Norseman View Post
    I have read all the suggestions, and tried everything to extend battery life(Battery saving mode in GPS, Switching network from global to LTE/CDMA) and still after a month of running KK, battery life is no where as good as JB. I bought wakelock detector today and need some advise on how to use it. I'm stock rooted, and only real changes I have made are running Xposed, with Gravity Box(for full immersive mode) and G2 Tweakbox and G2 Xposed(to hide carrier information on lockscreen, and hide various other things in the UI I don't like). Thanks for the advise in advanced.
    What Rom are you running?

Posted via Android Central App
    I ramble...alot, but not rii now cuz u read'n this.....
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Stock for now, considering switching though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex_Norseman View Post
    Stock for now, considering switching though.
    See I wanted to download this gravity box but it said you had to be running something close to vanilla. I've only installed xposed & xbadad camera mod.
    So what you're saying is most anything, unless specified, that's in xposed is useable on my G2?

Posted via Android Central App
    I ramble...alot, but not rii now cuz u read'n this.....
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Yes

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk