Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Will VZW LG G2 get Android 4.4.4 or 5?

    Will the VZW LG G2 get Android 4.4.4 or go to 5 directly? I know they have a habit of withholding updates for their phones so we upgrade to the latest phone releases (like G3) but G2 is an awesome phone on hardware and nice UI...

    Posted via Android Central App on Nexus 5 or LG G2
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Will VZW LG G2 get Android 4.4.4 or 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by korab84 View Post
    Will the VZW LG G2 get Android 4.4.4 or go to 5 directly? I know they have a habit of withholding updates for their phones so we upgrade to the latest phone releases (like G3) but G2 is an awesome phone on hardware and nice UI...

    Posted via Android Central App on Nexus 5 or LG G2
    I've heard the possibility of the G2 getting Android L is good, but not definite it will happen.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Will VZW LG G2 get Android 4.4.4 or 5?

    After seeing what KitKat did to the Razr Maxx HD, I don't think I'd want to go to another major update with an older device. KK totally killed my Razr with lag.
    Proud owner of: Black LG G3 & White LG G2
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, and Droid Turbo (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)
  4. #4  
    MolecularGraph's Avatar

    Posts
    635 Posts
    ROM
    Swapping them all out

    Default Re: Will VZW LG G2 get Android 4.4.4 or 5?

    It's already been confirmed the g2 well get android L

    Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app
    Kyocera Strobe> Motorola Razor> Motorola Q> Blackberry Curve> Droid X> Fascinate>iPhone 4>iPhone 4S>iPhone 5>Verizon LG G2 and LOVIN' it.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Will VZW LG G2 get Android 4.4.4 or 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by MolecularGraph View Post
    It's already been confirmed the g2 well get android L

    Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app
    ??? Link to said confirmation?

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  
    MolecularGraph's Avatar

    Posts
    635 Posts
    ROM
    Swapping them all out

    Default Re: Will VZW LG G2 get Android 4.4.4 or 5?

    It was in an android central article. Had a whole list of phones that are confirmed to get android L. I can't find it on mobile I'll look it up tonight.

    Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app
    Kyocera Strobe> Motorola Razor> Motorola Q> Blackberry Curve> Droid X> Fascinate>iPhone 4>iPhone 4S>iPhone 5>Verizon LG G2 and LOVIN' it.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Will VZW LG G2 get Android 4.4.4 or 5?

  8. #8  

    Default Re: Will VZW LG G2 get Android 4.4.4 or 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    After seeing what KitKat did to the Razr Maxx HD, I don't think I'd want to go to another major update with an older device. KK totally killed my Razr with lag.
    I think if an "older" device could handle android L it would be the G2!

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  
    xaml's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

    Default Re: Will VZW LG G2 get Android 4.4.4 or 5?

    Quote Originally Posted by mumfoau View Post
    I think if an "older" device could handle android L it would be the G2!
    Definitely. The fifteen somewhat month rule and treating capable devices as end of life by Google simply is customer unfriendly and environmentally questionable nonsense.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Will VZW LG G2 get Android 4.4.4 or 5?

    It has to get the update to L. The phone was released barely over a year ago.

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. Art or dalvik
    By chaingangritesh in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 01:25 AM
  2. Rooted LG G2 D801 (T-Mobile) with TowelRoot now Carbon ROM?
    By Todd Miller5 in forum LG G2 Rooting, ROMs, & Hacks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-18-2014, 08:16 AM
  3. Minimum keyboard and LG Gwatch
    By bcbbanga4l in forum LG G Watch
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-15-2014, 06:57 PM
  4. How do I get rid of updates I don't want?
    By gtt1 in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-15-2014, 11:01 AM
  5. Lg g2 issues!
    By sixstringer23 in forum Verizon LG G2
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-15-2014, 09:11 AM

Posting Permissions